Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

4aod

Can anyone tell what or how this transmission gets its shift points from it came out of a 1994 2 wheel drive rear abs it doesn't have a detent cable

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Its electronic. Which trans you have depends on how many bolts are in the pan.
4r70w has 14 bolts in the pan.
E4OD has 20 bolts in the pan

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

E4od but what signal is it looking I've got the engine in and running but had gotten rid of some the modules under dash like the waring buzzers and abs module being the 79 doesn't need any of it

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
E4od won't work. Needs signal to pcm from several different things on the engine.
You can get a stand alone controller, but would still need input from the sensors. Tps, vss,, and
Bauhman makes a good controller. I can post the info later when I get home.. i know several of the diesel guys went that way,, worked well for themsome others

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Did you keep the efi and computer?
Or go with carb and hei distributer

Computer and tunport
a7aafd8cde0e5b0ec3a6faf07cc637de.jpg

I've did a bunch of googling and you tubing but it took me almost a day to come across that controller need to climb under my truck and see what pig tails I have exactly them boxs rsng from 600-1000 $ and I'm going to have to swap the rear end out now to being my sendor from the old truck is there and not at the trans

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Thats the controller Jake. They also sell a upgrade kit to tune the shifts on the transmission
Sorry I got busy and forgot

Ford Truck Articles