Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Miami, OK cruise July 26th

Hi all,

There is supposed to be a large "cruise" in Miami, OK on July 26th. The time is 6 PM.

My truck club (Show Me F-100s) will meet in Springfield that morning and convoy over. We will have a cookout at some members house and then join the cruise. I will attend as well, if I am not sick or something. :headbang:

I will update as I get more information on the cruise.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
LOL, I didn't look at the chapter. I just saw Miami and thought, cool, finally one I could make.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
The NWU guys do that to me with references to "Portland" all the time...

Hey... I may make this one! No kidding!
Miami is only about 45 minutes from me.

How far from the highway do you live? I think it is I 44 (?) that we will take from springfield.

I have an empty truck right now...assuming I get to go.

No AC and it rides like a truck though. Don't know if you could handle that with your knee and ankle.

Last edited:
How far from the highway do you live? I think it is I 44 (?) that we will take from springfield.

I have an empty truck right now...assuming I get to go.

No AC and it rides like a truck though. Don't know if you could handle that with your knee and ankle.
Long as you don't make me run the clutch, lol...
I am 25 miles from here to the Denny's off 44, exit 8b
Far as the no AC, as long as the windows open and I bring a stout supply of drink and dew rags, I'll make it LOL!

This might work out well. I was going to make you drive though....:rolling laugh:

Coming home after the show, you can help keep me awake!

Here is the latest from the club:

July 26th - Cook out at Jim & Margie Wagner's to relax after the show and go to Miami's cruise around 6pm! Those in the Springfield area will meet at the Busse home to cruise to Miami (leaving around 9:30/10am?), picking up others along the way if needed (we may be cutting through the "sticks", otherwise we'll take I-44 to Oklahoma). More info and time we'll be leaving as time draws near.....think of a side dish you'd like to bring and come join us for a day of fun, great food and plenty of laughter! Please RSVP to me if you're planning on attending so we can get a head count. Don't forget your lawn chair 'cuz you'll need it at the Cruise-In! (and maybe a sweater 'cuz the weather does real "weird" things this time of year in Oklahoma)!

I have two of those canvas folding chairs (the ones that go into bags) and I will throw moms big cooler in the bed. I have to drink tons of water when it is hot or I get sick now.

Driving it is not bad as far as the heat. Open windows, vent windows, and the cowl vent. In town it gets hot. Bring a hat and sun glasses.

So, is this a rain-or-shine deal, then? Meaning, it doesn't cancel because of rain, does it?

Long as you don't make me run the clutch, lol...
I am 25 miles from here to the Denny's off 44, exit 8b
Far as the no AC, as long as the windows open and I bring a stout supply of drink and dew rags, I'll make it LOL!

Denny's 3602 S rangeline road, Joplin.....

Is that the one you are talking about? That is the only one I am finding along I 44.

Looks to be north at that exit somewhere.

I am not finding exit numbers with the online map stuff. LOL

Denny's 3602 S rangeline road, Joplin.....

Is that the one you are talking about? That is the only one I am finding along I 44.

Looks to be north at that exit somewhere.

I am not finding exit numbers with the online map stuff. LOL

That be the one, lol

Don't worry about the numbers not being on the map; They're on the signs AND they correspond to the mile markers.

I think the next closest Denny's is back in Springfield, about exit 80. south side. (like it matters lol)

THANKS!

Jim and Margie's Truck IS nice... but I gotta say, to be completely blunt, I don't really care for the lowered thing anymore. Funny from a guy that used to build Low-riders, isn't it?
In fact, it was seeing it done to a truck that kinda was the beginning of the end for me. I'd always owned a pickup, but the truck was for WORK, lol...
Just my two cents' worth... like I said, I used to lower and customize cars, so I can't complain too much. Just don't tell them I feel that way, lol!

Oh I agree. I lowered mine and put it back stock a week or so later. Could not even get a small floor jack under it that way. No way to haul anything.

Theirs has a volare (well that type anyway) front clip. They drive theirs a lot, but it never hauls more than a cooler and a few chairs in the back.

Ford Truck Articles