Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fuel Pressure Light On & Eng. Will Not Start

Truck Info:

1994 Ford F-700
Eng. 429 with Fuel Injection

1. This truck has been setting for some time. I have been running it about every 30 days for a hour or so. However, the F-700 failed to start about 6 months ago.

2. The Fuel Pressure Capsule Light On. I checked all the Fuse Blocks and could not find a blowed fuse. The Engine Cranks A Ok.

Note: The 1st time (with fuel pump light) the engine started and ran a few seconds with the fuel that was present in line.

3. I double checked all the fuses and found nothing wrong. I bought a Ford Factory Service (2) manual set but could Not find the Fuel Pump Circuit Wiring Diagram.

4. I went to the gas Fuel Tank [has only (1) tank] and tried to check the 4 wire feed going into the fuel tank. Since, I could not find a wiring diagram .... I was guessing as to which of the (4) wire harness was hot with 12 volts. I tried to find 12 volts with my test light but nothing was present (volts) when I pierced one at a time -- of the 4 wires feeding into the fuel tank.

5. I was thinking about providing a 12 volt feed wire feed to run the fuel pump in the tank.... but did not want to cause damage by just running 12 volts in one of the (4) wires on a random guess.

6. Looking for Advice... how would you all check this system out ?!?

Thanks' in Advance,

Avery

Ford Truck Articles