Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

hows your 6.4 holding up?

Just thought I would try to get some chatter going....this site is really quiet!

hows your 6.4 holding up?, mileage, mods?

my 2010, has 7500 miles, is stock except a coolant filter and ready lift leveling kit....no issues at all!smilieFordlogo

blacksnapon

Staff member
Glad that you like your truck. Have you gotten all of the reflashes available? That'll help with the regens.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
35k on mine, radiator under warranty and a coolant leak (o-ring) under warranty. Loving it, been using it pretty regular actually working it. (pulling the toy hauler every weekend for the past 3 weekends)

Vince, when was the last flash available for the 6.4? I don't think the local dealer had it last time I went in.

Hi, new here! I own a 08 King Ranch with all the deletes, Air Dog fuel filter system, MBRP down pipe back exhaust, H&S mini max tuner, and a S&B cai.
I love my truck!!!!

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
I currently have 77k on mine and love it.

Here is the list of issues since new:
2 radiators under, warranty
1 t-stat and o-ring, warranty
1 blend door actuator, warranty

It needs another blend door actuator, but until fooling it into cooling the pass side using dual temps settings, I am not too worried about it.

Fuel mileage (I have the 4.10:1 gears) in town is around 11-12 and 13 on the highway. (70-80) Towing my camper (43ft ToyHauler 18K loaded) 8mph averaged to and from Sturgis from Bossier City. The truck is now out of warranty, ran out of time not miles. Since about '09 it strictly has been used for towing, or long trips. Love the truck and glad I got it back in '08. The only sore spot is fuel consumption, which will be rectified soon enough.

loudandlifted

bleeds oval blue
Your fuel problems can be fixed with a h&s or spartan or edge programmer that deletes everything. I use a h&s mini maxx and I am getting 20-22 mpg depending on speed. Only problem is getting a hold of one. I bought mine in February and paid $1600 for it then. Well worth the money. Itll probly pay for it self in the first year. Ive already put over 15k miles since January. It also adds enough power to do just about any normal person would need to do with it. They say almost 600hp to the rear wheels. Has all the diagnostic stuff and tire size and what not.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
77K nothing but smiles.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Gotta wait for the inspector to come (aftermarket warranty). Wont be here until next week. I guess he'll tell me whats wrong and how to fix it! :headbang:

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
98xxx on mine and still loving it. Even more so with diesel being $1.97 here 😜. Zero mods and zero regrets, except on the radiator, if I could have paid the difference for a welded one the first time it was changed, I would have been happier.

Ford Truck Articles