Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford Truck Lifted - problems

I have a 1993 Ford Ranger with a 7 inch lift with 35x12.5s. I have number of small issues that i would like to solve so any help would be much appreciated. The first issue is the previous owner installed some cheap eBay special headlights and they don't seem to mount right. The mounts Match up but they just push in and if I touch the head lights they will move up and down. I would like to make them stationary and correct. The second issue is being that I have big tires the power steering pump whines constantly. It works fine but it's annoying, is there an upgraded pump or some other fix for that, I couldn't find anything. The last thing is my truck rides like it doesn't have a suspension, I know lifted trucks don't always ride the best but I feel every single bump, I was thinking shocks but they don't seem to be to bad ( still have compression). If anyone can help with any of this it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Headlights: is all the hardware in the buckets there. Sounds like the stings are not attached.
Power steering pump: may just need a new pump but they are known to be noisy
Suspension. Post a few pics of of the work dow. To it. People do sketchy things when lifting rangers.

I can't take any up-close pictures until next weekend but here's the best I have
eb10ee6d5efeb7da9cc7c72c8c37808a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fellro

Staff member
Looks like mostly a body lift...

It has a 4 inch rough country suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift. The bumper has fabed brackets that make it up higher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford Truck Articles