Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hows she holden up?

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
How many 6.4s are still running around on here? I've heard so many horror stories about theses engines'hiding_smilie', kinda been wondering if I should have bought one.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm sure Ryan will comment on his. I know a few guys with them with them that have never had any issues. People are quick to whine and post it across the internet whereas the people that are happy rarely say anything.

Look at the 6.0..I have one...no issues apart from a FICM. A good friend has one, a 2003 with 250k miles on it...FICM, set of injectors.

When I had my C7 Cat, the HEUI pump was (according to the net) likely to explode daily.

Drive the truck and enjoy it Mike!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I'm sure Ryan will comment on his. I know a few guys with them with them that have never had any issues. People are quick to whine and post it across the internet whereas the people that are happy rarely say anything.

Look at the 6.0..I have one...no issues apart from a FICM. A good friend has one, a 2003 with 250k miles on it...FICM, set of injectors.

When I had my C7 Cat, the HEUI pump was (according to the net) likely to explode daily.

Drive the truck and enjoy it Mike!
Are you a O/O?
I love it, and drive it all the time, taken many trips in it, just been scared I have a 20K + time bomb sitting in my shed.

Yep, my 6.0 is almost 182k and it's biggest issue is it sweats horsepower
That she does, she'll boogie on those 37s :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I don't Mike, not a 6.4...I have a 6.0.

Two good friends have the 6.4's.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Lol...and just drive and enjoy it!
If you are that worried, sell it and get a Dodge Eco Diesel.

:p

:D

Sorry...couldn't help myself!

uploadfromtaptalk1455424227336.jpg
Love mine. It's for sale though...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
100k on mine, only issue I ever had was the radiator 3 times. 2 were warranty, the first was believed to be from the sticking t-stat and the redesigned t-stat housing. The second and third were from flex I guess. I installed a Mishimoto in it the last time and got Vince's fix for the separation, while I couldn't cut the pin off the new radiator, (lifetime warranty) I removed the locating shim. I change my fuel filters every 10K and oil and filter every 5K religiously. I also do not let it idle if I can help it.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK

Ford Truck Articles