Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Some creep hit my truck.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Not much to say. Parked in the lot, got a rough timeframe worked out for the videotape from security. Needless to say, I'm not really thrilled about the incident. Idiot drove off. Best chances I have are that it's a student and they can identify the car.

DCFC0239.jpg

DCFC0242.jpg

Ryan

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Dude!! That is so messed up!!! Man that makes me angry. At least you know the car is red, and probably pretty high off the ground if it hit your truck that high. And it probably has a painted bumper since it looks like you got hit with a rounded edge (bumper) and it rubbed their paint off. So I'd look for a red SUV/truck with a painted/dented bumper.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
the red flecks in the trim are tail light splinters. They do not have an intact tail light at this point. The bottom red scrape could be anything, but the actual paint marks left behind look like a slate-bronze mix. Definately a plastic rounded bumper with no sharp spot of impact.

Ryan

Oh boy! I hope the find the guy (or girl).

If not..will your insurance fix it?

Actually...if you can't get it fixed right...most of that will come out from the backside (assuming you can get in there). I am not sure how the fenders are made on that truck.

I could have almost all of it out in an hour or so (if you were down here). It is not that bad at all.

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Not much to say. Parked in the lot, got a rough timeframe worked out for the videotape from security. Needless to say, I'm not really thrilled about the incident. Idiot drove off. Best chances I have are that it's a student and they can identify the car.

DCFC0239.jpg

DCFC0242.jpg

Ryan

Charming. Get ready for this one though..........If this schmuck just pulled out and hauled ass away, it would be my bet that he/she either

1) Doesn't have insurance

OR

2) Is ABOUT to not have insurance

If you catch them, you might consider taking it out of their hide.

Gunner

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Honestly, I don't think it has much to do with insurance or not having it. Alot of people would just drive off. Some chick hit my moms new car a couple weeks ago and drove away. If it was me I would been chasin' her. But anyways, that sucks man. Try banging it out, sorry to hear that.

No...don't "BANG" it out. Push it out gently (with padding) from the inside. If you hit it with hammers (or a trailer hitch...this is Ryan smilietease ) it will deform the metal (worse than it is) and it will require a body shop and a lot of filler to fix.

If it needs to be pushed out at the body line...shape a block of wood to the body shape and use a bottle jack.

Gentle is key. Reverse the stresses on the metal and let it relax back into shape. Look at my tailgate...it was bowed out. That we took out with c-clamps (and blocks of wood). The bumps (from the inside) were taken out with a hammer and hockey puck. Slight taps with just the weight of the hammer. Never hit at all.

Metal has memory and wants to return to its natural shape. It just needs slight encouragement to get there.

F150

easy
That rots.. people need to man up to their mistakes. They damaged someone's property (as well as their own), and should take care of it. We can only hope karma catches up with this person.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Yes Brian, he should be able to get to it from the back side so long as he pull the fender liner.

bad part is that it bent at the two major body lines, the bottom and by the tail light, even if he can get it near straight it'll more than likely need repainted after the paint cracks.

Look on the bright side, now you can fix those fenders too.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
yeah, hopefully it's a dummy who was about to miss a plane and they go to school with me. If it's the case I'll also try and get them on hit and run charges.

Bout the time I get to really like something, someone's always there to steal it or help me destroy it.

If we fix it, I'll probably end up replacing the whole side of the bed. It has rust and it's not a panel I'm really thrilled about spending a lot of time repairing.

Ryan

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I'm never driving through that campus again. Some jerk left his truck parked right in my way so I hit it. :D

Hate to hear that Ryan. Hope you catch the a hole.

yeah, hopefully it's a dummy who was about to miss a plane and they go to school with me. If it's the case I'll also try and get them on hit and run charges.

Bout the time I get to really like something, someone's always there to steal it or help me destroy it.

If we fix it, I'll probably end up replacing the whole side of the bed. It has rust and it's not a panel I'm really thrilled about spending a lot of time repairing.

Ryan

If you do it yourself, I see another tutorial happening. I have never replaced a bedside before. I have always fixed them.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
If you do it yourself, I see another tutorial happening. I have never replaced a bedside before. I have always fixed them.
R, I do believe the box is one piece... For replacing things like rust you can sand them down a buy overlay panels but I would imagine you couldn't do the same thing for a dent like that... I think you'd have to buy a whole new box...

Its best to cut out the whole area where there is rust and replace it with new metal. I am sure there are patch panels available.

Then coat it all with epoxy primer and go from there.

Anyone in that area with a MIG?

I have one down here, but it is not wired up at the moment. I am sort of on hold until the spring.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts