Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Where can I find super cab race track trim?

Does anyone know where I can find NOS lower race track trim for my 1979 super cab. I also need door edge guards for the drivers door too..

here is a picture of what I need

trucktrimneeded.jpg

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You could try giving Dennis Carpenter a call...won't be NOS but will be made from Ford tooling if they carry it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You could try asking Bill...NumberDummy over there, he's helped me out tons. He goes by BKW here, but I don't think he comes here much...after Ben's post..yes...Dennis here (Mil1ion) might know of some.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Bill would be the best option to contact, by far, to try and trace down NOS stuff...maybe even Dennis (Mi1ion) could help there too. But really, I doubt if there is anything left out there. More than likely, you'll have to cruise the classifieds or ebay. The easiest route would probably be finding a junked truck, robbing the trim, then getting it refinished.

Bill would be the best option to contact, by far, to try and trace down NOS stuff...maybe even Dennis (Mi1ion) could help there too. But really, I doubt if there is anything left out there. More than likely, you'll have to cruise the classifieds or ebay. The easiest route would probably be finding a junked truck, robbing the trim, then getting it refinished.

It can be refinished? I have a good used piece of trim from the cab I used to fix the accident damage. Can I do it myself? send it out?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Refinishing can be done, the trick is gonna be finding a place that will remove and replace the anodizing.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It can be refinished? I have a good used piece of trim from the cab I used to fix the accident damage. Can I do it myself? send it out?

There are procedures to do it yourself, but it ends up finishing it in clear, and it'll be tricky to try and get it to match the rest by just refinishing a couple pieces.

Refinishing can be done, the trick is gonna be finding a place that will remove and replace the anodizing.

True...but there are quite a few body shops (in my area at least) that are usually willing to give it a go.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
There are procedures to do it yourself, but it ends up finishing it in clear, and it'll be tricky to try and get it to match the rest by just refinishing a couple pieces.

True...but there are quite a few body shops (in my area at least) that are usually willing to give it a go.

Are you sure about that?...the reanodizing part?....most places are hesitant due to potential tank contamination...I'm just basing that on the amount of calls I have made and have got that answer....and, if you do know of some...can you get the names/numbers please?....I would like to talk with them....thanks Ben!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Are you sure about that?...the reanodizing part?....most places are hesitant due to potential tank contamination...I'm just basing that on the amount of calls I have made and have got that answer....and, if you do know of some...can you get the names/numbers please?....I would like to talk with them....thanks Ben!

Well I guess I shoulda clarified...not sure of what procedure the local places use for the trim...for all I know, they may still just shoot it with clear. But when I was looking around to have mine redone (before I just had it chromed) there were 5-6 shops that said they'd refurb the trim. The place I usually go to is Sudden Impact...ask for Danny (owner) or Rob (shop manager)...they're in Mooresville:

http://www.suddenimpactautobody.net/

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks Ben...I'm suspecting they will strip the anodizing, fix it up then shoot it with clear....I'm just not sold on the clear over aluminum...but, I will call them...thanks bud!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I have some in my garage that may work.

I'll go check for NOS supppliers.

You know one piece will be $300- 400 Right?

These guys that buy up this stuff think it's gold.

Can't find anything on parts voice.
Maybe Bill will be by in a couple of hours ?

I have tons of this chrome and if it isn't usable (good enough for me) I don't get it.

Several months back, Bill found (1)NOS SC race trac trim piece in the U.S. and I bought it.
A month after that I saw one on ebay and I bought it too.
I paid $100 plus shipping for the one from the dealer. And a little less from ebay.
This is after a year of looking. Good luck

Several months back, Bill found (1)NOS SC race trac trim piece in the U.S. and I bought it.
A month after that I saw one on ebay and I bought it too.
I paid $100 plus shipping for the one from the dealer. And a little less from ebay.
This is after a year of looking. Good luck

ahhh! You're killing me.....Wanna make some money? double-up? Insurance is paying......YelloThumbUp I suppose they are the same for each side and you are saving them for your truck...which I can't blame you for....

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles