Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

LEDs and Guage Cluster Restored - HiPoParts kit

Shamus

Defector Fidèle
I saw Dennis' post about HiPoParts LED kits and decided to share my experiences. I purchased the blue LED bulb cluster illumination package, part #BL7379FT-FG, shown here: http://www.hipoparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=468

In addition to the LED kit, I also purchased the extra bulbs to adapt my AC/Heater lamp:
Wide Angle Ultra Brite Inverted Lens LED Bulb 194 Base - Blue (194-INV-B)

...and the Lights/Washer bulb
Ultra Bright Round Dome Lens LED Bulb with BA9S Base - Blue (BA9S-RND-B)

Oh, and I also got the little bottle of paint to restore my gauge needles for just two bucks:
Fluorescent Red Speedo/Gauge Needle Restoration Paint (HP-FLRED-01)

I am pleased with the outcome. My order somehow arrived on time even though I messed up the order process. One email to HiPo was all it took for Bill, of HiPoParts, to resolve my issue. His email that the order was fixed gave me peace of mind.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the shipping box supprised me, all items were heat wrapped to a backer board. The kit had the HiPoParts logo on it. Impressive, I thought.

dashparts.jpg

The kit I received contained a total of four blue LED wide angle for the standard dash illumination. The Hi beam light is also blue but it is a forward dome beam. Each of these illumination bulbs had a blue base. The overall illumination is somewhat better but not dramatically. Just about right for me.

The blinker lights that came with the kit were green, forward aiming dome bulbs. I figured they would be blue too but, alas, they are not.

The kit I received contained a total of four blue LED wide-angle lenses for the standard dash illumination. The Hi beam light is also blue but it is a forward dome beam. Each of these illumination bulbs had a blue base. The overall illumination is somewhat better but not dramatically. Just about right in my opinion.

The blinker lights that came with the kit were green, forward aiming dome bulbs. I figured they would be blue too but, alas, they are not. They are much brighter than the originals. They came with the green bases. The Fasten seat belt and Oil bulbs are, you guessed it, red. Likewise, they have a red base.

The instruction sheet had large, full color illustrations on the back and is as foolproof as possible. I'm sure my ten year old could get the installation right.

Notice the red and green filters on the back of the front part of the dash.
dashfilters.jpg

Before I began:
dashbefore.jpg

The needle paint went on ease and looks good. Especially when compared to the original appearance. Here is one painted next to the others.
dashoneneelde.jpg

Here, all the needles have been painted and the cleaning done. The blue domes are removed as well.
dashneeddone.jpg

And here we see the dash back in the truck.
dashdone1.jpg

My camera just wouldn’t capture the standard illumination but it looks very close to the image in the link to HiPoParts. None of my lights in general are bright but the kit definitely increased luminosity. I was, however, able to capture the AC and Wiper lights. They are much brighter than these pics show.

dashAC.jpg

dashwasher.jpg

I also replaced the gear selector lamp in the steering column. No pics of that because I ordered the wrong bulb. But after I got the right one, it looks fantastic. I spent less than 40 dollars US on the whole project and it was worth every cent!

Last edited:

Shamus

Defector Fidèle
I did and it makes perfect sense. Science is science and it's almost beyond the point of continuing the debate.

The price was below local costs and the instruction sheet seals the deal for the kit. I am a satisfied customer.

I know Bill will be pleased,
I'll pass this on to him.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I thought mine turned out great also. Again, not a dramatic increase in light, but much better in blue than green. I was also impressed on the packaging from Hipo. I still need to replace the column light too, just haven't got around to ordering the bulb. Great product and great price.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts