Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 6

Generation 6 1973-1979 F100, F150, F250, F350

Old 04-27-2012, 10:20 PM

thtniggey is on a distinguished road
4" lift

I was wondering if any one could help me out by telling me if i buy a 4" rough country suspension lift kit for my 1974 ford f100 what other mods would i have to do to make this work? I just want to make sure that everything i need is in the kit its 4wd and i already have 35" tires on the truck. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2012, 11:41 PM
^LARGE carbon footprint^

UNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond repute
Off the top of my head, extended brake lines, steering correction (dropped pitman arm......well possibly upgrade to the 78-79 steering linkage), and longer shocks if they're not included.

I may be missing some items but I'm sure that others will chime in with what I missed.

FYI, Rough Country kits are known to ride a bit, well, rough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Do I really need to reply to this thread? I have been fishing, drinking and then cleaning fish, followed by more drinking. Not exactly in that order.

1979 F250 4X4, far from stock
2005 F250 6.0, stock ...........I swear.
2008 Expedition Limited 4x4,Loaded, The wife's rig
2004 Lincoln Town Car, my plush work ride
Old 05-05-2012, 02:23 PM

Thanks for your help the shocks are included with the kit so im not looking at to much extra money do you know where i could find a dropped pitman arm for this year of truck?? Thanks for your help!!
Old 05-05-2012, 05:20 PM
^LARGE carbon footprint^

UNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond repute
For the least amount of money try eBay.

But as I said the 78-79 f150 steering is much better.

The 77 and older trucks use a different style of pitman arm to drag link connection, and a dropped one of those may be hard to find.

I'd hit up some junkyards for the updated steering setup, be sure to replace whatever tie-rod ends/steering links that are bad. With a lift kit and the added addition of larger tires you'll want new parts in the front end.

You're driving an almost 40 year old truck, I can be sure in saying that there are some worn out parts in your truck.

Steering is no place to cut corners and save money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Do I really need to reply to this thread? I have been fishing, drinking and then cleaning fish, followed by more drinking. Not exactly in that order.

1979 F250 4X4, far from stock
2005 F250 6.0, stock ...........I swear.
2008 Expedition Limited 4x4,Loaded, The wife's rig
2004 Lincoln Town Car, my plush work ride
Old 05-05-2012, 10:34 PM

I will definetley check out the junk yards and i already have bigger tires on the truck now so far so good its also been sitting since 85 and drove for the first time about 4 months ago
Old 05-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Missouri Chapter member

tedrow42 will become famous soon enough
This is a question about my 86 and pix if you can
Old 05-06-2012, 11:37 PM

I will keep you up dated i will probably be doing the lift around mid to the end of june if you can wait that long for pictureshttp://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/images/smilies/2.gif