Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

CA Meet-- Let's DO IT!

Assuming we've picked a good day/time/location for everyone, would you attend?

• Total voters

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
So I'd really like to get a meet together... I've kind of ignored the subject because I felt like the logistics of getting all the SoCal people up, and all the NorCal people down, would be rather limiting... Even being the chapter leader, I was apprehensive to put this thing together because of my limited budget/high gas prices/terrible mileage... But hell, we don't need to do it WEEKLY. Lets just get ONE meeting going so that we can get better acquainted with our neighbors. I'd like to be comfortable with contacting my comrades for a bite to eat when I'm traveling around the state.

So I just wanted to get a general idea about how many people would be willing to make a journey, couple hours, to a CA meet? I've setup a public poll (your names will show to the other members) about whether or not you'd be willing to attend; you can assume that we've decided on a date that will work well with your schedule. Post up and let me know what you guys think. Our chapter is too small to have separate meets for SoCal and NorCal so I think it'd be really fun to get the whole gang together.

At this point in time, it seems most fair to hold the meeting in Central California-- somewhere smack dab between NorCal and SoCal. After polling the members and looking at their locations, it might be better to adjust the location more North or more South to keep the cost of fuel down on the whole. We can work out those details later.

As CA Chapter members, your voices are just as loud as mine; so let them be heard! If you have good ideas for meeting places/times/events/etc, please put your ideas forward. I don't intend on being a one-man show, we're a team.

Thanks guys and gals :wavey:

Last edited:

Black150

California Chapter member
So Cal
Sign me up.

Lately i've been thinking about having a FTF decal made up. Nothing too big, just something for my rear window to help get the site's name out there. Lord knows there are enough Californians driving around in Ford trucks.

Just a thought.

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Sign me up.

Lately i've been thinking about having a FTF decal made up. Nothing too big, just something for my rear window to help get the site's name out there. Lord knows there are enough Californians driving around in Ford trucks.

Just a thought.
We've actually purchased a vinyl plotter to crank out stickers for the members, for a small fee of course. We're still in the process of getting it up and running so hang tight YelloThumbUp

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California

Black150

California Chapter member
So Cal
Nice, already on the sticker idea!

I have no idea where we could meet. But i would hope it'd be somewhere we could hang out, as well as mess around in our trucks. Somewhere big and open, like El Mirage or something similar.

Last edited:
I don't think you can even convince Chris that El Mirage is between SoCal and NoCal.

It'll probably have to be in the central valley.

Buena Vista Lake?
The dragstrip in Mc Farland (Famoso)?
Kern River?
Pismo?

There's any number of places to camp in the Sierra foothills.
Mountain Home State Forest is down near Mineral King, and there are USFS campgrounds all over the place.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I don't think you can even convince Chris that El Mirage is between SoCal and NoCal.

It'll probably have to be in the central valley.

Buena Vista Lake?
The dragstrip in Mc Farland (Famoso)?
Kern River?
Pismo?
Hmmm... Those are all 1-2 more hours for my drive, lol. I'll keep them in mind as we get some more results to the poll. If you and Alex are the only ones coming from SoCal, while we've got, say Me, Andy, Connor, Eric, and Trista from NorCal... Well we might just favor the north side of the state :D

That's totally understandable. Besides, you're runnin' this show, anyway.

I love driving my truck - another 100 miles makes no difference to me.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Looks to me like the only big city that is just about halfway between us is Visalia... Anybody know if there's anywhere worthwhile to meet in Visalia?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Pine Flat Lake = almost 2 more hours for SoCal guys
Shaver Lake = 1.5 hours more for SoCal guys
Huntington Lake = 2 more hours for SoCal guys

Hmph...

It's sort of the "gateway" to Sequoia NP. Just east of Visalia there is a pretty nice place called 3 rivers (if I remember correctly) that is not actually in the NP, so it wouldn't require reservations and all of that BS.

Other than that and the places I mentioned in post #11, I'm pretty well out of ideas for that area.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
There's a lot of really cool guys over in the CA chapter at the other site... I think a few of them are in the Fresno area. They had regular meets-- I'd love to get some of them over here to participate in our meets, lol.

When I left the site they were in the process of doing a chapter project truck... I believe that name was Thumperoo. Big highboy, being built for off-road racing of some sort. Crazy project.

I guess I voted before I know what I was getting myself into, I guess I'm not the most northern, Chico is about 2 hrs north of Sac. I might have to back out at this point,the farthest I can go for a M&G is about the Bay Area.

Ahh living on a college budget:headbang:

I say find a good place in the sacramento area to meet, most centralized for most people to meet. Most are also familiar with this area so meeting for a get together wouldnt be difficult. :)

I guess I voted before I know what I was getting myself into, I guess I'm not the most northern, Chico is about 2 hrs north of Sac. I might have to back out at this point,the farthest I can go for a M&G is about the Bay Area.

Ahh living on a college budget:headbang:

Ah, I like Chico, and wouldnt mind goin' up there but I think the SoCal people would... :p

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Okay so I've compiled a list of our members, according to NorCal/SoCal locations:

NorCal:
Me
Eric
Andy
Trista
Laurie
Rick
Conner
Marc

SoCal:
Bill
Alex
Russ
Aaron

So according to those numbers, assuming everyone can come (which is probably unrealistic), the meeting place should be a bit biased towards NorCal to minimize gas usage as a whole. Know what might actually be fun...

CA Chapter ski trip?! Who would be interested in something like that? How many skiers/snowboarders do we have?

Okay so I've compiled a list of our members, according to NorCal/SoCal locations:

NorCal:
Me
Eric
Andy
Trista
Laurie
Rick
Conner
Marc

SoCal:
Bill
Alex
Russ
Aaron

So according to those numbers, assuming everyone can come (which is probably unrealistic), the meeting place should be a bit biased towards NorCal to minimize gas usage as a whole. Know what might actually be fun...

CA Chapter ski trip?! Who would be interested in something like that? How many skiers/snowboarders do we have?

I have never Skied or Snowboarded, but I do waterski and wakeboard, so it probably wouldnt be hard to switch. There is a strong Sac Area bias though since thats where the majority lives. ;)

Ford Truck Articles