Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

TN chat thread!

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Well...since I know everbody in the TN chapter likes to talk (everyone on the forum does actually), here's a chat thread... YelloThumbUp

How's the weather where ya'll are at?

weather's great here, think its around 72 or so.......sucks i gotta go to work with it being so nice out....lol

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Amazing...was thinking about swapping in a Robert Shaw 180* t-stat in on the Bronco and throwing in a new oil SU...in and effort hoping my current oil readings are faulty and a new SU will boost the numbers.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
weather's great here, think its around 72 or so.......sucks i gotta go to work with it being so nice out....lol

yeah....i have to go some places...'smiliedoh'

Amazing...was thinking about swapping in a Robert Shaw 180* t-stat in on the Bronco and throwing in a new oil SU...in and effort hoping my current oil readings are faulty and a new SU will boost the numbers.

why work on the motor....?

just hold it to the floor and hope it holds together...:D

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Another Robert!

That makes atleast three of us...(for everybody that didn't know, my first name is Robert)

No I didn't know that, I know a guy with Robert as his his middle name...his first name is James and last name is Cooter...we called him Jim Bob Cooter. He was a 4th string QB and was the fake signal caller from the sidelines...just thought I'd share.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
No I didn't know that, I know a guy with Robert as his his middle name...his first name is James and last name is Cooter...we called him Jim Bob Cooter. He was a 4th string QB and was the fake signal caller from the sidelines...just thought I'd share.

that's what a chat thread is about....:rofl:

that's a pretty cool name though lol

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
I am working up here. We are doing a fiber to the home job. My father in law has been being doing it for years. He is training me to splice fiber optic cable.

I have my 88 F150 for sale so I can buy a bucket truck.

I also noticed there is a drag strip right down the road. It looks like a 1/8th mile track.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Where the Hell do guys get big tires in this state...holy geezus. The one tire on the Bronco was not repairable...after stops at 3 different tire places...all of them said of course we can fix it, then once it was off they said they couldn't. Which I knew was playing with fire, had a broken belt in the tire, but wanted a quick patch to get me home Thursday. Anyway, the final shop was really a big help, they called about 30 shops within a 100 mile radius from Knoxville...and called some buddies to see if they wanted to sell any tires. Anyway, only one of those shops had a 33" tire in stock...but it was new, and I didn't want to pay $200 for a new tire considering I have a new set of 36" Swampers at the house (5 hours away). Every other place said they could order a tire I needed but it would be 3-4 days before they got it and would be a minimum of of $276...what a rip off. The closest place we could find that sold used tires with something I could use was in frickin Nashville (2.5 hours away)...what the hell. Maybe I'm just spoiled having 3-4 tire shops within 30 mins of me at home that not only stock tires over 31" but also have hundreds to choose from that are used over 35". So where in the hell near Knoxville has tires in stock over 33" or better yet used????? Doesn't matter much now though, I said screw it, and got two used BFG M/T's mounted and balanced up front for $82. Just makes me wonder if there is such a small market for big tires in this area. I guess I kinda know the answer considering in the last month I've seen about 10 trucks with over 33" tires. I guess I can also understand most folks normally aren't in the pinch I was in and can wait for the tires to be shipped. But daaaaaaaaaayuuuuuuuuum, I woulda thought somewhere closer than 2.5 hours away coulda helped me out.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben, I'm gonna be going right through Nashville on Thursday the 12th...

So you taken 40 east straight into Statesville? Then work your way over to Mooresville? If you are...hell we might be able to draft each other on the way, I'll be gettin on 40 at about 3:30 Thursday. Anyway, got the 31's up front now, so I don't need nothin from out west now. Believe me, it's quite the raked look with 31's up front and 35's in the rear.

Oh crap!!! Am I allowed to post in here? Don't want Tyler all fired up...:rotz:

Yeah, you can post in here...Tyler's bark is worse than his bite...rub his belly and he calms right down...haha.

Blade

Backwoods boy
So you taken 40 east straight into Statesville? Then work your way over to Mooresville? If you are...hell we might be able to draft each other on the way, I'll be gettin on 40 at about 3:30 Thursday. Anyway, got the 31's up front now, so I don't need nothin from out west now. Believe me, it's quite the raked look with 31's up front and 35's in the rear.

Yeah, you can post in here...Tyler's bark is worse than his bite...rub his belly and he calms right down...haha.

just dont rub 2 hard... he might snap at ya :nana: :p

Ford Truck Articles