Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

next ranger for me?.... maybe

racsan

4xford
stumbled across this today, a very clean, low milage 2005 2wd ranger. they want nearly 9K for it, but its like new, and with under 18K miles, i guess you could say it is. think i'll drive it tommorow, never drove a duratech 4 cyl, i suppose my 94 would get laughed at as a trade. lol. its a shortbed reg cab, dont know the gear ratio but from what i could tell by research its anywhere from a 3.55/3.73/4.10
from the dealer picture i can tell theyve had it awhile, theres been snow here for a few weeks and theres no snow in the pictures. the only other ranger they have right now is more of what id like but not as good of shape.
heres a link to the dealer page:

http://www.mathewsfordmarion.com/used/Ford/2005-Ford-Ranger-c3c57b0d0a0e0adf4d75c021136d6adb.htm

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks in damn nice shape.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Ask if the airbag recall has been implemented. ;)

racsan

4xford
i ended up passing on it, too much $ and they wouldnt come off the price, sure less than 20K miles, but still a 2005. i did test drive it and wasnt impressed, i figured it would have more performace than it did, my 94 has a curb weight of 3,000 and is much peppier to drive, yes it has 4.10 gears too, but you figure it also is running 235/75/15 tires. that shortbed had nothing on it (where my 94 was running a cap at the time, tools in the back, grille guard-probly another 500# +) the 05 is the newer 2.3 (mazda dohc) supposed to be about 140 hp (my "pinto" 2.3 is 100 hp) the 05 has 225/70/15's running 3.73's just didnt seem to be very quick off the line, i think my 94 would have beat it light-to-light. now yes, alot of other things were better, brakes, tight steering, heater,a/c. but just wasnt what i was expecting powerwise. and since with financing it would have came to almost the orignial purchace price, i just wouldnt pay that. surprizingly i never got any follow up calls, i figured i would, used to be if you talked to a dealer and they got your number they would bug you to death. i jokingly asked for a trade in appriasal on my 94, knowing good and well they wouldnt take it, though i mentioned they had a 2001 edge that the back bumper was about to break off at the frame from rust and mine would indeed pull a trailer. oh well. i did want to see how a newer 2.3 duratech drove. its ok but guess i will stick with my older (and paid for) iron for now.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
They never bothered updating the drive trains much, development pretty much froze.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles