Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

NOS racetrack trim...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
For those of you that have bought NOS racetrack trim pieces, have you noticed any cloudiness in the anodizing??? Or is this only related to exposure to the elements??? Primarily, I'd like to know if the NOS, 30+ yo pcs, hold the same luster as say, a new reproduction piece from DC??? Believe me, I'm all for NOS...but I feel there may be a shelf life in some aspects for NOS pieces, especially if not stored properly.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Just trying to prep for Red's next tear down...cuz she'll get all new trim next go round. I've got a set that was chromed...the plating appears to be breaking up and I've got the upper and the front lower from DC, still waiting on the tool box trim. Was just wondering if it would be worth it to start piecing together NOS stuff or not, so in 2-3 years I have everything I need. But I don't wanna shell out the coin if the trim is going to blemished.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Anodizing is pretty tough, it shouldn't discolor in storage. If it has been chromed and not properly prepped, the chrome will flake off.
I would start collecting NOS stuff now, it's only going to keep getting more pricey as time passes.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I would start collecting NOS stuff now, it's only going to keep getting more pricey as time passes.

Yeah...someone dried up the inventory.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Just wait until I start another one :D

Well S#!T...you have a time frame so I know when I won't be bidding to lose...against you??? Seriously though, if you were to find a honey hole, you'd tell me, rightsmilieFordlogo

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm just yanking your chain :D. After I get the 79 done, which could take another couple of years, I'm taking a break...and yes, I'd tell you if I found something :D

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
I have an NOS set still in the wrappers in the garage. It still looks great. If I ever get around to paint, I'd be afraid to use it!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^You decide you don't need/want it...keep me in Mind, Steve.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Ford Truck Articles