Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

08 6.4

blacksnapon

Staff member
Got one in here now, customer complaining of blue/white smoke. Test drive, no smoke. Overfull on oil, OASIS shows right side injectors had been replaced for overfull oil level. Has an overspeed DTC (freeze frame shows it set at 100.6 mph). Customer "Oh, No, I don't drive it like that. Its my baby!" Oh boy, gonna be an interesting day!

blacksnapon

Staff member
Even after the inspector came, the aftermarket warranty company wants a teardown to verify the exact cause of the failure. Plus, the customer is responsible for the cost of the teardown. Then, they'll send another inspector. Boy, makes me want an aftermarket warranty.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Finally got the aproval for an engine from the warranty co. Theyre springing for a Ford reman. Complete 6.4 including turbo, $14k.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Other than the 100mph freeze frame, no issues (lack of maintenance, ect.) otherwise? Any go fast parts on it?

Off topic but, I can imagine a freeze frame of me pulling my 41' 5ver up a mountain looks far worse than 100mph run.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
What is the warranty on the reman form Ford?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Other than the 100mph freeze frame, no issues (lack of maintenance, ect.) otherwise? Any go fast parts on it?

Off topic but, I can imagine a freeze frame of me pulling my 41' 5ver up a mountain looks far worse than 100mph run.
Nothing previous, no maintenance issues.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Got it finished today. Kept finding annoying issues. The connectors on the PCM were broken and were difficult to get a secure fit. The three connectors under the master cylinder were damaged enough where it didn't want to start (someone had been in this thing before). It was acting like a pats issue. Had to make a ground strap for the rear of the engine, (it wasn't there). Bolts missing, brackets missing. Made good time on it though.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
No daisy chains on the pistons during tear down? That many issues kinda smells.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK

Ford Truck Articles