Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Questions about F250 vs. F 350

Bought an '08 350 because I thought I was getting a one ton rear differential/axle and the appropriate front diff. also. Some on-line searching reveals that I likely have a Dana 60 diff. which is the same one used in a 250. A Dana 80 is optional and I think is used only with dual rear wheels. Have been told that the frame is the same also. Then all I have is a 250 with stiffer springs? This is a big disappointment. Anyone know what (if anything) is different on a 350? Is the transmission the same as a 250? Thanks for any help. Dave.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Bought an '08 350 because I thought I was getting a one ton rear differential/axle and the appropriate front diff. also. Some on-line searching reveals that I likely have a Dana 60 diff. which is the same one used in a 250. A Dana 80 is optional and I think is used only with dual rear wheels. Have been told that the frame is the same also. Then all I have is a 250 with stiffer springs? This is a big disappointment. Anyone know what (if anything) is different on a 350? Is the transmission the same as a 250? Thanks for any help. Dave.
Depending on your gvw, there may be brake, springs,shocks, brake booster, calibration differences. It will be the same trans.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

You have a 350....the 250 just has lighter springs :D

You should have no disappointments with that truck.

Blacksnapon:

Thank you for your input. Sounds like I'm riding around on a one ton suspension for nothing. On the plus side: It's a really nice truck and low mileage; runs as smooth as my wife's' 2011 Expedition and has the same 5.4engine. I'm confident it will handle my 6200 lb. boat somewhat better than my previous half ton. Dave.

Ford Truck Articles