Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

CA Chapter Ski Trip-- Who's in?

Would you attend a CA Chapter Ski Trip?

• Total voters

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Okay so now that we've established that a good number of members are WILLING to meet, and seeing as gas prices have plummeted, I'd like to plan something.

I'm really into snowboarding so I think this time of year would be a great opportunity to plan a CA Chapter ski trip! I've started a poll to see how many people we can get. It would make the most sense to meet in Sac and carpool to the mountains from there, which can easily be arranged.

Please answer the poll even if you don't want to go, so I can get a good idea of where to go with this. Thanks guys!

ON EDIT: If you don't know how to ski or snowboard but would still like to come and hang with us, and practice on the slopes, you are more than welcome to join. If that's the case, choose the YES option on the poll.

Last edited:

mSaLL150

California Chapter member
This is dependent on the weather. If its stormy, i gotta be duck hunting. Im not very good at snowboarding but i like doing it.

You really want to get all that salt and cinders/snow on your beautiful mall cruiser? :rofl:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
You really want to get all that salt and cinders/snow on your beautiful mall cruiser? :rofl:
I've already had my truck into the mountains several times. The damage has been done :headbang:

I got NAILED with rust one time that I went... I must have followed one of the caltrans trucks that was dropping the chemicals because it's pretty uncommon to see rust like this in California :headbang:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u269/Skandociouss/Truck Crap/Rust Pictures/DSC01129Custom.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u269/Skandociouss/Truck Crap/Rust Pictures/DSC01117small.jpg

mSaLL150

California Chapter member
I've already had my truck into the mountains several times. The damage has been done :headbang:

I got NAILED with rust one time that I went... I must have followed one of the caltrans trucks that was dropping the chemicals because it's pretty uncommon to see rust like this in California :headbang:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u269/Skandociouss/Truck Crap/Rust Pictures/DSC01129Custom.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u269/Skandociouss/Truck Crap/Rust Pictures/DSC01117small.jpg

Damn thats pretty bad. Your leafs and rear diff really got it bad.

Up at the ranch in the winter i drive through that crap all the time. I wash the undercarriage whenever i get back after driving on that stuff.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Not enough freakin' snow for skiing in LATE NOVEMBER!!! :headbang:

I'm still planning on doing this-- just waiting on mother nature cut us some slack.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Damn thats pretty bad. Your leafs and rear diff really got it bad.

Up at the ranch in the winter i drive through that crap all the time. I wash the undercarriage whenever i get back after driving on that stuff.

Thats nothing trucks here get that bad during summer. :wasntme:

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
You call that RUST hahah. you should see a 2 year old truck here after a winter or two. They look far worse underneath than yours does for a 8 year old truck. Right Lost.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Randy-- the point is not that it's a lot of rust... The point is that all of that happened in ONE trip to the mountains. My truck was completely rust-less before that trip.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I know what you were saying. Try imagine driving in that salt and other icemelters for 3-4 months a year. It tears up a vehicle and makes working on them so fun.
If I want to go sking I have a slope 10 minutes from my house.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah it's startin' to look pretty good, but there's a lot more on the way; gonna be snowing all week. I'm working until Thursday so maybe Friday or this weekend I'll be going up, depending on weather conditions.

If conditions are good-- who would be willing to do a ski trip this weekend?

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
YES I do, but I can't. I have never snowboarded and would like to learn. The girlfriend and I are going to try and go on Dec 29 (Monday). I won't have the kids so I took the day off and she is off school also (she's a teacher)

Ford Truck Articles