Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Easy way to adjust headlights?

I used to do something similar with the totalled cars, but we always took them to a shop for final aiming. Now the shops don't have the machines to check them down here.

On low beams, it lights the road well...about 10' in front of the truck. I know that is not right.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
I read that I was supposed to park something like 25 ft away from a wall and measure a certain # of inches above the mark and aim for it.

Ryan

Holy Crap Ryan.. I see this thread was started on 05-23-07 AND you still haven't resolved this issue? What are you waiting for? Vince to get so tired of hearing you talk about it that he will just come over and do it?

Or do you just drive without headlights?

OR are you so afraid of the dark that you don't go out after the sun goes down because your filled with paranoia about the dark?

Or do you turn into a werewolf when the sun goes down?

Or are you just another one of those "Lazy youths of tomorrow?"

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
if your willing to wait a few weeks. Im re-assembline the front end on my 96 and ill give you some pictures and step by step.

Btw the part thats holding it on at the bottom is a support bracket thing. that goes from the corner piece to the header panel. My head panel was broken an di have skinny hands i was able to reach in and take the bolt out. But if i remmeber right, passenger side you haft to take the battery out. driver side you haft to take the washer fulid resevoir and coolant over flow tank out to reach it....

good luck...let me know how it works. cuz i gotta do the same here in a few weeks.

Yeah..same instrucations that are on the auto zone site in post #7.

All say have a shop check them. No shops around here have the machines anymore, since AR stopped inspecting vehicles years ago.

You should see how some are aimed around here when the collision shops get through with them. They are worse than my truck.

Does MO still check the lights and do they have the machines?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Whoops, didn't mean to one up ya' Brian ;) I copied those instructions from my repair manual website, which shares their info with Autozone.

Ford Truck Articles