Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ben is a Zombie

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
... but I'm in it for the preservation of these old rigs.

And we all benefit from and appreciate that!

I saw an episode of Jay Leno's Garage once where he actually had the original factory blue prints for a very old car in his collection and could have parts made for it if necessary. I'd love to be in that position YelloThumbUp.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Just snagged this from what I'm told was/is one of the largest Indy 500 collections in the country. The guy actually has two of them, I'm considering snagging the other just to have, but it's in a little rougher shape. The Indy Truck database tells me I just ran across the 4th and 5th of these posters still known to be in existence. The poster itself is roughly 4'w x 6'h.

image22.jpeg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Thanks...still working on a disc(s) by year of all my literature, available for specific years or the entire 73-79 era. Individual year discs I figure will be in the $20 range and the entire era will be in the $75 range. Not looking to get rich off of it, but figure the cost of the discs, shipping and I already have over 500 hours scanning, they should be worth something. Not to mention, a lot of this stuff you can't just hop on the internet and find, and even if you do...it'll take 5-10 years to find it, and I have about $800-1500 invested in to each year.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

I saw an episode of Jay Leno's Garage once where he actually had the original factory blue prints for a very old car in his collection and could have parts made for it if necessary. I'd love to be in that position YelloThumbUp.

Don't you have to have certain stamps in order to make certain parts.....even with blueprints, it would be impossible to reproduce something without the machinery unless each part is custom/hand made and even at that, I'd wonder how accurate the piece.

I read somewhere that the OEM classic parts Dennis Carpenter makes was from actual metal stamps they purchased directly from Ford.

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
For stamped body parts and stuff it would be hard for sure. For mechanical parts, I think it would be pretty easy, and I think Jay has his own machine shop and master machinist.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'll say this...licensing, trademark/copyrights, intellectual property...blah blah blah...pretty difficult to get around without deep pockets. I've been working on some licensing deals, and I was outright told, stay under a certain threshold, no red flags will go up. So if you're selling on the likes of ebay, to have multiple accounts. And if cease and desist comes, take that as your warning. However, if you're doing a lot of volume or high dollar figures...you're facing quite a bit out of pocket, unless you can sweet talk a business that's already licensed in to taking your product on.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts