Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My '78 F-100 Custom

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
This is my second 70 series and a third total for us. We got a steal on this one. It had just one owner and he took really great care of it. It does need a paint job and a new seat. That's expected though it is 29 years old. It's got just a little over 140K miles on it and runs strong! I bought it in Nov. as gift for our 10 year wedding anniversary. I got it for $500 and we have plans for it. :)

Since we did by it in the winter I haven't gotten to play in it much. Spring is here and that will soon change.

I don't know how to get the pics to load up in the thread but here are the links. It had the top on it when we got it but we took it off a couple of weeks ago. It looks a lot better w/o IMO.

http://www.imagejar.com/uploads/2fa8e2ceef.jpg

I guess it will have to wait on the other photos, the site I use just went down but that link still works.

For some reason that truck looks familiar to me.

It looks good to me. I think you got a good deal on it.

You said it was silver at one time? Stock colors are easier to re-paint. You don't generally have to do the door jambs, the inside of the doors, and under the hood.

As far as linking pics.....there is a little yellow box at the top when you are typing. Click it (insert image) and put the URL of the image (what you did to link it) in the box. Click OK and you are done.

Here is yours:
2fa8e2ceef.jpg

You live in town (looking at pics)? I bet I was not far from your house the other night when I went though town. There are only a few main streets. :)

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
It probably looks familiar because the one owner does live in the Mountain Home area. I don't want to post his last name on the net (I can e-mail it) but his name is Roy and he works for the same company I do. He took the money and bought a new Dodge.. the traitor. LOL!

Thanks for the tip on the photos. You rock! :)

Oh and it's been several colors over the years.. camo, black, I think maybe even blue?

Some of the old timers where I work (I don't mean age LOL) have told me stories about it being camo anyway. ;)

Oh and yeah, town is right. I can walk to that corner cafe you mentioned, and I can hear the schools intercom. ;)

We (three faculty members) were in that school last year doing demonstations. The high school anyway. MHTI was trying to recruit new students from there. We went to a ton of outlaying smaller schools.

It didn't work. :headbang: 'hah'

Dad bought a 77 custom (new) when I was younger. It was bare bones. 6 cylinder, 3 speed standard, no AC, No power steering, no power brakes, no radio, no rear bumper, no headliner, rubber mat in floor, vinyl seat, no cruise or tilt, no much of anything. He drove it for 18 years though.

I learned to drive a standard on it and my buick (shudders).

Last edited:

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
It's a small school huh? My grade school was twice as big as the entire Viola district. That's good though. My kids haven't had to go through all that stuff you deal with in big inner city schools. :)

They are the biggest reason we moved to B.F.E.

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
Thanks. :) It really is, and it's because he took really good care of it.

We just need to get a few things done and then play with it. I can't wait to start driving it some more. It's cold natured so I don't in the winter.

........My kids haven't had to go through all that stuff you deal with in big inner city schools. :)

They are the biggest reason we moved to B.F.E.

Thats how we ended up in Salem to start with. I was getting beat up all the time and my little brother was starting school before long. Dad couldn't get work over there and the bridges were not here then. The ferries took an hour each way with the wait. The summer tourist season was worse.

As far as your truck being cold natured, I would bet it needs the carb rebuilt. Dad rebuilt the one on my 56 for me while I was at work one night. It was really cold natured and had a serious flat spot on acceleration. The PO (previous owner) thought there was something wrong with the cam it was so bad.

Now I can go out on the coldest days in the winter and it will fire right up. This is a 51 year old Y-block V8....

I am pretty sure it improved the gas mileage too. It certainly didn't hurt it.

There should be an older garage in that area who can rebuild the carb if your husband is not familiar with them. For that matter...you can do it yourself....YelloThumbUp

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
Oh no, not that kind of cold natured. It just takes forever to get the heater working. ;) My old bones are prissy and rebel when I am cold.

I also don't like driving it when it's raining or anything.. not with the way people around here drive. I don't want to have to stand on the brakes all the time or go sliding in the rain.

Oh no, not that kind of cold natured. It just takes forever to get the heater working. ;) My old bones are prissy and rebel when I am cold.

Ahh....I understand now (like me). I was just trying to help. :rolling laugh:

....... not with the way people around here drive.......

You have seen me driving?
6909SMILIE_burnout2.gif
:redface:

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
:rofl: Brian! I can't see you driving 20 in a 55 while hitting your brakes every 100 feet. Nor can I imagine you doing 90 in a 45 while running people off the road.

If I ever see you driving though I'll be sure to wave. I don't think there are any other trucks like yours around the area. ;)

So if you see some dark headed crazy lady waving, it's me. :rofl:

:rofl: Brian! I can't see you driving 20 in a 55 while hitting your brakes every 100 feet. Nor can I imagine you doing 90 in a 45 while running people off the road.

If I ever see you driving though I'll be sure to wave. I don't think there are any other trucks like yours around the area. ;)

So if you see some dark headed crazy lady waving, it's me. :rofl:

Right now I am driving my explorer. It blends in with the zillion other ones on the road. Check this site to see what I mean.

Explorer: http://home.centurytel.net/brian_b/index.htm

56: http://home.centurytel.net/brian_b/56/index2.htm

We are considering (well the hubby really) the F-100. :(

I just can't see parting with it. I LOVE it and I drive it more than he does.

You mean selling it? I think you skipped a word in there somewhere. :rofl:

I don't know. You own a 4 vehicles and are getting bikes too. Can't drive everything.....at the same time.

Then again...I own two and there is only one of me.

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
You mean selling it? I think you skipped a word in there somewhere. :rofl:

I don't know. You own a 4 vehicles and are getting bikes too. Can't drive everything.....at the same time.

Then again...I own two and there is only one of me.
Darn, I did, didn't I? :rofl: But yeah, selling it.

That's why he (and sort of me) is considering selling it. He got the bike which will be totally mine when he gets a bigger one. I know he's right (did I just say that) but you know, I'm attached.

I could just sell him and the kids? :rofl:

I don't know anyone who needs your husband, but will you sepearate him and the kids and sell them seperately? What are you asking for them? :rolling laugh:

I was really attached to my ranger. I drove it for 16 years. I hated to see it go. My brother has it still (or did in July). I heard a rumor he bought another car, so I am not sure. :confused:

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
LOL Brian.. Package deal only!

Given the current circumstances it's now a matter of when and not if on the selling. I think I'll need the $$.

Ford Truck Articles