Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

header advise

Hello all,

I am finishing the correction on my front suspension (saggin spring, bent shackles, etc) and realize one of my bigger problems is my header is touching the shackle. This excessive heat is cooking the bushing. The busing in the frame is toast so i will be replacing both.

If anyone is running headers they are pleased with. Mine are old, no idea of the brand. My only issue it the fit.

Thanks in advance

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What engine??? If 460, Mad Dog...if M/400 Sanderson FC3. Neither are cheap, but good headers aren't. You'll be $4-500 into either.

What engine??? If 460, Mad Dog...if M/400 Sanderson FC3. Neither are cheap, but good headers aren't. You'll be $4-500 into either.

Sorry,, i forgot to mention that

400/c6/f250

this is the driver, i fixed it already but the passenger is still touching and with the straightened shackle is is worse. the collector is right at the shackle. A few inches forward and it would not be a problem.

I have a 360 not 400, however, have had outstanding success with my HEDMAN HEADERS. Ball flange. 14 gauge. Ceramic coated. NOT close to my shackles.

I have a 360 not 400, however, have had outstanding success with my HEDMAN HEADERS. Ball flange. 14 gauge. Ceramic coated. NOT close to my shackles.

Thank you for the reply,

The only number i can find on the existing header is 398 52. I just do not want to purchase new headers only to end up the the same issue.

anyone with a 4wd 400 running headers, please chime in.

Chris

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
My 79 with a 351m had Hedmans when I bought it, only issue was trans cooler lines being very close to them which could have been easily fixed

Ford Truck Articles