Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 5

Generation 5 1967-1972 F100, F250, F350

Old 03-02-2016, 09:54 AM

amkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh Yea! what a great change! shiny is always good
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2016, 11:58 AM
kiwi f150

kiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond repute
That looks great

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of sh*t by the clean end."

Old 03-02-2016, 12:17 PM

daltonsexton is a jewel in the roughdaltonsexton is a jewel in the roughdaltonsexton is a jewel in the rough
Thank you!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2016, 12:31 PM
Texas Chapter member

Jasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to behold
Very nice!

Is the chrome booster/master cylinder just for looks or are you getting better brake response?
Old 03-02-2016, 12:43 PM

daltonsexton is a jewel in the roughdaltonsexton is a jewel in the roughdaltonsexton is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperrc View Post
Very nice!

Is the chrome booster/master cylinder just for looks or are you getting better brake response?
I am sure I will. The booster was overdue for replacement. As well as the shoes and drums. I've had snakes under the hood hissing at me for years every time I depressed the brake pedal. The master wasn't sealing properly anymore either. I haven't tested it yet because I am replacing all the brake components all the way around and I have not finished the install yet. I had planned to keep the steel lines, but the truck had other plans and due to fused lines and stripped nuts, at least the front lines so far are being replaced.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:51 AM

cbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond repute
Great lookin stuff there !...

I need to upgrade my brake booster ,d you have a link where
you got the booster?....

Im not a bum,Im on vacation!....
Old 03-03-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaker65 View Post
Great lookin stuff there !...

I need to upgrade my brake booster ,d you have a link where
you got the booster?....
I no longer have a link where I originally purchased it, but here is a similar combo to what I purchased, except I didn't get the stainless bracket. Mine is black. http://www.carolinaclassictrucks.com/BCK5003.html

Do an eBay search for BCK5003 to compare pricing.

Here is a link to just the booster, no hardware:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Right-Stuff/965/PB8531C/10002/-1

The "right stuff" branding is just a rebranding of the same MBM booster I have. Do an eBay search for PB8531C to compare pricing before you purchase.

Remember, Google is your friend

Old 03-17-2016, 03:58 PM

Well, the truck insisted on all new lines except for one from the metering block halfway to the rear. All are now installed and the back is bled. The bleeder wrench I purchased from NAPA,
part# bk 7769164 does not work on front drum brakes on my 72. 1/8" too short and 1/8" too shallow. If anyobe knows a brand that works, please let me know.

Old 03-17-2016, 04:06 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
How about this one? 3/8 and 5/16.....

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/oe...FQcKaQodayYOAw

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 03-18-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
How about this one? 3/8 and 5/16.....

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/oe...FQcKaQodayYOAw
Have you tried it?