Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

So your gonna travel in and around California.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
For those that don't know the California Highway Patrol (CHP) has jurisdiction of most roads not incorporated into municipalities. Yes there are exceptions but generally this is the case.

Believe it or not their website is actually pretty good for current weather conditions. They also have control of "CHAIN REQUIREMENTS" for the snow. They make that call.

So if you are going to travel into or out of or just around California their site is a good one to check for current conditions and closures. This site pulls info right off their CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) so it is pretty accurate. It is broken into different service areas around the state via a drop down menu in the upper left hand corner of the screen.

http://cad.chp.ca.gov/

Happy Traveling!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I haven't been West of Estes Park, but thanks for the PSA occifer.

Ryan

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
They don't have a part in there about where you all are posted do they?? maybe when I am up there i can get you to pull me over... LOL How cool would that be. Hell it would be worth the ticket just to meet you! LOL

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Fair enough Ryan. Just wanna say-- playful joking and poking about California (or any state for that matter) is fine. But you're going to start offending people who you tell them that their home is joke and nobody in their right mind would want to live there.

Just keep that in mind guys. People are proud of their states and it can cut deep if you say hurtful things.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I can tell you one major drawback about California. It's way over on the other side of the country. :D

When May comes around, I'm going to be in Cali for a couple of weeks. I may need to reference that website. Thanks for the link.

I may also need the advice of some of our Cali members on what is a must see.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I plan on checking it out. Maybe even bring some fresh Florida hot pockets. :nana:

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I have a convention in LA. This time I was able to plan it around a longer vacation, so I will have more time to see things.

Oh, and to my surprise, LA doesn't stand for Lower Alabamy! :p

I have a convention in LA. This time I was able to plan it around a longer vacation, so I will have more time to see things.

Oh, and to my surprise, LA doesn't stand for Lower Alabamy! :p

Oh joy.

Fresh pork in May!!

Azusa canyon will be full of mud!

Tony, check out San Fran. It's not far from me and Chris. However, I may be gone on a cruise to Mexico right after graduation so I may not be fortunate enough to be graced with your presence.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
I can tell you one major drawback about California; regulations and cost of living not to mention the unemployment rate

Fixed it for ya Tony...

Let me know when/if you decide to hit the Davis area up on your trip I'm only a short shot up 80 from there and would gladly make that trip (I've got the bike not that it'll take that long to get there....).

Ford Truck Articles