Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Rubber

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
KO2's, exactly what I plan to buy when the current KO's wear out. And that will be my fifth set of KO's. :)

Feel free to update this thread from time to time, I'm anxious to hear how you like them over time.

Hi Bill. Been 2 months now since I got the tires and I am loving them! No annoying tire noise on the highway. Felt great and sure footed in the downpour we had the other day. Haven't tried them out in the mud, everything is bone dry right now. The only thing I have noticed is that the tread likes to collect little rocks, but this is common with this type of tread design. (sure you already know this with the KO's you have)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Mine picked up rocks for the first little while then stopped.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Hi Bill. Been 2 months now since I got the tires and I am loving them! No annoying tire noise on the highway. Felt great and sure footed in the downpour we had the other day. Haven't tried them out in the mud, everything is bone dry right now. The only thing I have noticed is that the tread likes to collect little rocks, but this is common with this type of tread design. (sure you already know this with the KO's you have)

Any updates Roy? I've probably got 20K miles left mn my current KO's, but if I see a good deal now, I'll buy and store them in my basement. In fact, there is a $70 rebate if you buy four new ones.

*The tread picking up rocks, those rocks fly out and hit the windshield of cars that follow too closely. Silly tailgunners, lol!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I can't believe the money I saved by getting my new wheels and tires over labor day week.......1800 normal (which in itself isn't bad for what I got I thought ), immediate rebates of 200, then 320 in mail in rebates for a total cost of 1280 for a brand new set of wheels and tires (34") mounted and balanced DELIVERED to my door.

Sent from my SM-N915R4 using Tapatalk

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
I can't believe the money I saved by getting my new wheels and tires over labor day week.......1800 normal (which in itself isn't bad for what I got I thought ), immediate rebates of 200, then 320 in mail in rebates for a total cost of 1280 for a brand new set of wheels and tires (34") mounted and balanced DELIVERED to my door.

Sent from my SM-N915R4 using Tapatalk

That's an awesome deal Ken! Wow... rims AND tires!
I wanted to get 34's, but with the 4.6 my truck has, it really hurts the performance. (I've read guys putting 35's on with the 5.4 and having no real loss)
The 34's you put on look amazing! Have to say I'm a little jealous:)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That's an awesome deal Ken! Wow... rims AND tires!
I wanted to get 34's, but with the 4.6 my truck has, it really hurts the performance. (I've read guys putting 35's on with the 5.4 and having no real loss)
The 34's you put on look amazing! Have to say I'm a little jealous:)

Thanks Roy.....as you know, I drive my vehicles, even my DD, like an old lady drives them to church and back....light and minimal, so performance isn't much of an issue for me, but like you said, the 5.4 in my rig probably wouldn't even see any decrease.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Thnaks for the feedback guys!

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Well. Another update. This time it tires :)
Almost 3 years coming up with KO2's. Wear is very even, with the fronts just a bit more on the outer edge, that's normal. They have become a bit more noisy than when new. I figure I'll get another 2+ years out of them. (Have to check for the mileage)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Good to hear Roy, I've never been unhappy with any BF tires

Ford Truck Articles