Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Had a heck of a scare. . . .

00BlueOvalRanger

Old Fart Sharpshooter
Well, since it's ALMOST over with. . .
I got up on Monday morning and started having chest pains.

I drove myself and my wife to work (she works literally 10 feet from my office) :rotz: and the chest pains continued.

At about 10:15 a.m., the pains got worse. Couldn't breathe. (It felt like a torn muscle to me.)
My wife told me to lock up my desk, 'cause I'm going to the ER.

Well, I drove myself to the hospital (25 miles) and walked into the Emergency Room.
When my wife told the ER Nurse that I was having chest pains, I was taken to the doctor, immediately, and a heart monitor was attached to me!

Height: 6'- 6".
Weight: 270 lbs.
Heart rate: 40 bpm. (Quite low. Normally, I'm at 72 bpm.)
Blood pressure: 164/90. (Quite high! Normally, I'm 126/80, which ain't bad for an old, fat guy!)
Blood Oxygenation: 96% (Normal!)

Chest X-rays showed nothing 'abnormal'. (Why did they take X-rays?? To see IF I had pulled/torn a muscle.)

After a session of 'blood letting', my chlorestoral is 133! (Not bad at all, for an old, fat guy!!!)
A 'Big Deal' was made, because my blood sugar was high. (I had just eaten a "Brown Sugar/Cinnamon" Pop-Tart and drank a cup of coffee, with sugar.) I tried to tell the nurse that, too. Duh.
I didn't 'catch' (hear) what the actual 'numbers' were.

Long story a little shorter. . . nobody wanted to listen to me.
I had worked in the yard, all day, on Sunday.
I had lifted a bunch of bags of patio block 'underlayment mix' and bags of sand, and patio blocks.
I 'knew' that I had pulled a muscle in my arms and/or chest. I 'knew' it.

Well, I was admitted to the hospital, in the CCU, for observation, and was released on Tuesday evening.
(My hands and arms were treated as pincushions, because of the 'blood-letting' that I was subjected to.)

I had to undergo a 'Stress Test', yesterday.
I feel worse now, than I did on Monday.
The technician (dry) shaved my chest (in places), my neck, legs (in places) and a couple of spots on my stomach.
Then, she took what looks like a cheese grater, and (her words) 'roughened up' these places, so that the electrodes would stick!
(My wife commented that I look like the guy from the movie, "40 Year Old Virgin" in the 'waxing' scene!):rolling laugh:

My friends, these places look like RAW hamburger!!!
I hurt worse from the technician's 'prep' than I do from the chest pains!

Here's the bottom line. . . .
Heart is fine.
Blood pressure is high. (During the test, it went REAL high. 180/110. Meds are in my future!)
Diagnosis: Slightly torn chest muscle.
Follow-up with family doctor for blood pressure issues.

Last edited:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Uh... you can't be TOO careful. :p

Quite a ride, eh??

Ryan

SC
Height: 6'- 6".
Weight: 270 lbs.

daaamn, youre a big boy.

The technician (dry) shaved my chest (in places), my neck, legs (in places) and a couple of spots on my stomach.

They did the same on me when I had my surgery. Hurt like hell and I felt awkward but the girl was super cute so it was totally worth it. Glad you told me what the cheese grater was for. I figured it was just another instrument of death.

Oh,
Im glad youre ok. Keep that ticker healthy. Thats one thing we cant swap out over the weekend in my shop.

Last edited:
Hell, I just wanna be 6'0 :( My dad is 6' tall...mom is 5'3" - damn you mom!

I'm considered overweight for my height though lol - almost 5'9" at 177 lbs

Glad you're ok though buddy!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Glad to hear you're OK.

*Is the cheese grater the medical equivalent of using a wire brush to clean up where the ground strap attaches to the engine block?

00BlueOvalRanger

Old Fart Sharpshooter
Glad to hear you're OK.

*Is the cheese grater the medical equivalent of using a wire brush to clean up where the ground strap attaches to the engine block?

:rolling laugh:
Yes.
Good analogy. Very good.

I told the technician that if she rubbed any harder, she'd be connecting the electrodes to BONE, not skin.

SC
I'm considered overweight for my height though lol - almost 5'9" at 177 lbs

Messed up isnt it.

Im 5'10" 170lb and my GFs Wii fit said I was obese. Ive never wanted to throw plastic out the window at such an amazing rate of speed before. When in college I weighed 165lb but was only 4% body fat. I ran three times a day and worked out twice. I guess I was borderline obese then. :-D

Messed up isnt it.

Im 5'10" 170lb and my GFs Wii fit said I was obese. Ive never wanted to throw plastic out the window at such an amazing rate of speed before. When in college I weighed 165lb but was only 4% body fat. I ran three times a day and worked out twice. I guess I was borderline obese then. :-D

According to your previous college specs, I'd say you're damn near planetary in size :rolling laugh:

SC
Beer...it does a body good.

TazDevil07

Go Ahead and Git Some Boy
Glad you're ok and it wasn't anything serious. BP pills do wonders!

Would have scared me..as stated not a lost trip..found the BP

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Kris, thats crazy. Thats about right where I am at now. 5' 10" and 165. People look at me and tell me I am skinny. The standards are insane.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
bite me, brick head.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
who said anything violent?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts