Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

215,000 Miles And I had To Spend Some Money!!!

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Been a real long time since I posted, but was bored today and here is an update.

My 2003 Excursion now has 299,300 miles and runs just great.

Had to put into a new radiator and fan clutch last month, but oh well.

Will have update and pics when I hit 300,000 miles!!!

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
glad to hear yours is running so well man..

Been a real long time since I posted, but was bored today and here is an update.

My 2003 Excursion now has 299,300 miles and runs just great.

Had to put into a new radiator and fan clutch last month, but oh well.

Will have update and pics when I hit 300,000 miles!!!

Any updates? Maybe you will get bored again. I am at 94,000 miles on my 03 6.0L.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Now at 342,000 Miles...

2003 Excursion 6.0L now at 342,000 miles.

Had to replace all 8 injectors around 335,000 miles. Oh well, the rest of the truck still runs just like new.

237k miles for me (2006 commonized). Running great also. Still on original injectors, but probably will need to change them soon (except that I only drive apprx. 7.5k miles a year in it now).

Thanks for the update Jeff, keep it up.

Edit -

My most recent oil analysis:
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/attachments/___01_2021_uoa_7422_miles-jpg.41902/

I have no real issue with these two Mobil oils staying essentially in grade - even at 7500 miles.

EDIT - 242k miles and a year later. All still good!

Down to 5k miles (max) per year due to fuel prices!

Last edited:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
2003 Excursion 6.0L now at 342,000 miles.

Had to replace all 8 injectors around 335,000 miles. Oh well, the rest of the truck still runs just like new.

Holy Crap! Si02 content is low.(Good thing) Nice to see a post from a "charter" member.

Last edited:
Any updates on mileage from Beachbumcook or Bismic. I'm now at 113,000 miles. Rear pinion seals are my returning problems.

I had back surgery, so I have not done much driving to speak of this year. Only a few hundred miles recently. Still very much enjoying the truck - running well! Hoping for 300k on the original injectors! 244k now in February. Maybe I'll get to 250k next year at this time, lol!

I guess I am a bit surprised at your rear pinion seals @Tennesseepowerstroke . That isn't much mileage. Not a big deal, but I am not aware of them being a weak point. I have not done mine yet.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles