Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My new van v3

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Just about all of the insurance adjusters for the recent hail storm are driving Transits or Transit Connects. I've even seen some FEDEX transits in the area.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I'm starting to see a lot of Transits on the road now. There was a really nice camper conversion parked in the Walmart parking lot tonight.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Saw a van front one today.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
10000 miles so far.

20 mpg here....so just under 17 for you guys :p

It is a pleasure to drive most of the time....40 mph crosswinds suck..but that is just a result of the sheer size.

Ernie commented on the sound system...I opted for the premium one in mine and I'm real happy.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Update:

23000 miles
21 mpg usually loaded to 7500# doing 60-75mph highway.
Very, very, very happy.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Great update, Thank God you were not prompted to post following an oil change at the Dealership!!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
You should take it in for an intermittent small issue and just see what happens.

Ryan

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
FYI- our Transit at the airport just crossed the 100K mile mark. (!) Zero mechanical issues to report, and the interior is holding up MUCH better than the previous bowtie. It does seem to eat tires (coming up on the third set), but that's a function being driven by peeps that DGAF.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
DGAF- Very prevalent on most vehicles with multiple drivers. The power plant had a brand new white 1 ton ford pickup that ended up with a huge scratch in between the cab and the bed. Nobody knows how it happened, but it was traced back to the individual that ordered a case of white-out(correction fluid) from the warehouse for cosmetic purposes. Funny, but not funny.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Time for an update. 80k miles now....only issue was the engine liked to eat crankcase pressure sensors, didn't seem to affect anything just an annoying CEL.

Seems the last one had been updated and so far so good.

Still getting 21mpg....or 17mpg USG. I would get another one with no hesitation. They now come in AWD which would be the way to go.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
AWD will be a welcome addition!

Yep..surprisingly with winter tires it is not terrible. Biggest issue is alley's, jobsites with a fresh dump of snow.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Yeah. Sucks when you have to take a fresh dump in the snow.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Time for an update. 80k miles now....only issue was the engine liked to eat crankcase pressure sensors, didn't seem to affect anything just an annoying CEL.

Seems the last one had been updated and so far so good.

Still getting 21mpg....or 17mpg USG. I would get another one with no hesitation. They now come in AWD which would be the way to go.

So you're saying this time next year you'll be trading up? :rofl:

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Lmao.....
You go Doug......

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Poop

Ford Truck Articles