Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

'06 Escape XLT 4WD 3.0L issues

150K miles. It had just 11K when I bought it 7 years ago.

1) The stupid leather / vinyl door panel pieces keep coming unglued. I have tried fabric adhesive, gorilla glue and double sided tape to hold them, but they keep coming loose on the borders. I can't get that crap tucked back under the bezel.

2) Slight vibration at 50-55mph, mainly when hot. New tires, PSI are correct, but wondering if it's a balancing issue.

3) Engine loses pickup when hot. I know the a/c puts a strain on the engine, and I sometimes switch the a/c off when taking up from stoplight.
150k service calls for flush & fill and fuel filter replacement, hope that has something to do with it.
I am also suspecting an O2 sensor (upstream?), but no CEL.
I am also wondering if I have a small vacuum leak somewhere.
I guess it could also be the fuel pump or coil pack...

4) Had a tranny flush at 65K as specified in the service schedule. Fluid has not been touched since then. Transfer case fluid has never been changed.
Shifting seems more 'pronounced' when hot, making me think that it's because tranny fluid thins out when hot. I'm wondering if I should do another flush.
Scheduled service calls for tranny and transfer case fluid change at 150K.
Tranny shop expert told me that since I have no tranny fluid leaks and the fluid is still pink on the dipstick, I should leave it alone. He also said that the filter is 'internal' and it can't be changed. I think I also heard him say that this car doesn't even have a pan.

Any advice?
I would like to get this car to at least 200K, as I don't want another car payment right now.

Thank you all in advance!

hey Matt,
jus wonderin
two years later
how things turned
out...

i might be gettin a good deal on a used Escape.

Ford Truck Articles