Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Which manufacturer is better?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Can't speak to truck tires, but on cars and crossovers I've always had the best tread life with Bridgestone. I get a 60,000 mile Bridgestone tire, I can push it 80k. I get a 60,000mile Michelin tire, I only get 45-50k. That said, just put a new set of Michelins on the wife's edge, because they were cheaper and only plan on having it another 25k or so.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Bridgestone is a Japanese tire manufacturer who has owned Firestone since 1979.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Of the three you posted I'd almost have to say the bridgestones. I'm a fan of BFGoodrich but the rugged trail is arguably one of their worst tires. And I'm with Ben on the Michelins... they're a good tire but a few of our trucks at work came with those LTX on them and the tread life was abysmal

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
I personally have never had an issue with Michelin tires... unless it's for a truck. Toyo has been my "go to" brand for truck tires in the last few years.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I have Michelins on my E 450, my explorer, and my F 250. No complaints

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
i have the mich at2's you posted on the front of my truck... no complaints with them... and had the dreaded BFG K02's (which you didnt have posted) with no problems either...

When i had my 02 xterra we ran with BFG all terrains and had great mileage out of them with even wear across the complete tire. But that was almost ten years ago so i'm not sure it would be the same.

Ford Truck Articles