Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Just Passed My 10 Year Anniversary

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I joined this site on May 4, 2008, so I am celebrating 10 years. This site has done a lot for me. I have gained some friends, a whole bunch of knowledge from people willing to share that knowledge, had some big laughs, and most of all, felt like I belonged to something.

Thank you, FTF! Forums aren't what they used to be, but I hope this site carries on.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well would ya just look at that. Crazy to think it's been that long. I've known some of you guys longer than actual friends, and probably closer to some of you real friends. It's an odd dynamic considering a lot of us have never met face to face.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Congrats on 10 years.
I'm right behind ya
I do enjoy the forum, and hope it continues to keep on
I too have made some good "faceless friends" here.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
By the way...given the date and my propensity for 73-79 trucks...I'm gonna say you were part of the big recruitment exodus after my banishment, right??? We had this Gen Con and 6th gen section rocking for a good many years.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I was. Dennis(Mil1ion)(RIP) invited me to jump ship. 73-79 are still my favorite generation, given their lack of modern necessities. I still get offers to buy my '78, but I keep turning them down. I trust you still have "Red"?

Congratulations Doug ..... i too have learnt a lot from the guys here and have had more than a few laughs along the way. You're right in saying that forums just aren't what they used to be and i'm guilty of not putting the time in here like i used to - just going to keep reminding myself to check in a lot more often.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Wow, time flies doesn't it. Very cool Doug.

Fellro

Staff member
About 11 1/2 here as well. Things just don't stay the same but hope to keep it going. Might pick up, might not. Hard to carve out a corner in the interwebs these days...

Life changes have kind of held me out, plus just don't get to much any more.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
WOW, time does fly....I bought my boys red 77 9 years ago this month I think, so next Spring will be my 10 year anniversary....pretty wild.

Can't begin to post all that I've gained on here and yes, it's not the same as it was back then for sure.

Congrats Doug...I'm glad we were able to become friends!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^site says I joined in 2010, so I have two more years to hit my 10 years!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
WOW, time does fly....I bought my boys red 77 9 years ago this month I think, so next Spring will be my 10 year anniversary....pretty wild.

Can't begin to post all that I've gained on here and yes, it's not the same as it was back then for sure.

Congrats Doug...I'm glad we were able to become friends!

Likewise Ken. I appreciate your help.

Ford Truck Articles