Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

75 F250 4X4 in cab tank

Anyone know of a source for a replacement in cab tank? Or of a tank that would fit in the narrow frame of a high boy? Every place I have checked only shows tanks for the rear of the normal width frames and the mid ship tanks for 2X4 trucks. My brother changed the cab and put a 78 cab on it. He had to drill new holes for the rear cab mounts to make it fit the frame. I now have the truck and no gas tank.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
eBay maybe?...I have seen them there from time to time.

I'm gonna try and fit a 78-79 bronco tank. I took the cross members and straps from one today. Have to cut the cross members down to fit. I'll let ya'll know if it works.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Anyone know of a source for a replacement in cab tank? Or of a tank that would fit in the narrow frame of a high boy? Every place I have checked only shows tanks for the rear of the normal width frames and the mid ship tanks for 2X4 trucks. My brother changed the cab and put a 78 cab on it. He had to drill new holes for the rear cab mounts to make it fit the frame. I now have the truck and no gas tank.
1977 was the last year for in-cab tanks, there were two different types.

1973/77 F100/350:

D3TZ-9002-G .. In-Cab Fuel Tank-18 gallons - Use with Evaporative Emission / Obsolete

D3TZ-9002-F .. In-Cab Fuel Tank-19 1/2 gallons - Use without Evaporative Emission / Obsolete

No Ford dealer or obsolete parts vendor has either one.

Thanks Bill, that is about what I figured. I cut the bronco cross members down by 2 inches on each side and welded them in using a junk tank for a template. New tank should be here tomorrow so all I'll have left to do is go to the junk yard and get a fuel line off a truck with a rear tank.
Just a note, the bottom lip of my frame had been cut off in the rear and a thick piece of steel had been welded in on the inside of my frame from about the rear axle back. For someone with an unadulterated frame, the 78/79 bronco tank may not work.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts