Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

broke it again

Well, I broke it again, but I was able to drive it home thanks to my detroit locker. I'm pretty sure I broke an axle the way the left rear wheel was wobbling. I did run 11.14 the run before. I wanted an 11.0 and I just came down a little to quick on the throttle. Randy.:headbang:

Last edited:
No, we were to stupid to work the camera properly. If you scrole down in the forum to 557 drag times I put the link for a 11.32 pass last summer on there. It is on utube under Mason Dixon Dragway Randys truck.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I took it apart this morning and I have to correct my first statement. I said thanks to my detroit locker I made it home. I should have said the Lord got me home. I had one broken axle, one twisted axle, a broken bearing support and inner bearing race, and the bearing adjuster and outer race pushed out of the case. Randy.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
You were lucky you made it back.
I used to travel the 96 miles to race. I drove down and then back. Always fearing a major breakage luckily no major problems.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Thread Hijack-

Is the strip in Monrovia still open? It was called 75 & 80 drag a way or something like that, IIRC.

75/80 reopened this year, but under new management with a completely different agenda, heads up racing. They added bracket racing in the summer. I hope they reopen next year and will take some of Bill Wilcoms advice,we'll see. They are now closed for the season. Randy.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts