Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

This has got to be a misprint

ya i seen that too people are insane to bid that high i bought dc repos for my f250 and they still look good for a 1/4 of the price he also has chrome headlight surrounds what ever makes the word go round i gusse

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
When people have the money to do amazing restorations, they will spend the money. Its not like he is buying this to put on his DD...

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I would almost guarantee though that if placed together, the NOS ones and the repros from DC, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart when on the truck. But, there are people who stand by NOS and will give an arm or leg for.

I've seen prices on Ebay skyrocket over the past few years. Sellers have either figured out that there are some people who will spend the cash or they have figured out how to run up their own parts just to find some sucker to give them what they want.

Wow, I've spent some crazy money on NOS stuff before but I would never spend that much for those.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Wow, I've spent some crazy money on NOS stuff before but I would never spend that much for those.

Very true. I've spent my fair share also, but for things like that, no. As long as something is reproduced with original tooling and do look great, I'll settle for the cheaper so I can take the rest of the money and do something else with it. On the other hand, if it's a rare part, I might reconsider or not have a choice. Reminds me, I need to order the tail light trim and the two thin chrome pieces for the tail gate.

I used the tailgate pieces from JBG on my Bronco and they look great, can't tell the difference from OE.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I ordered some gas tank parts from JBG recently, one of which was a sending unit and a lock ring. I was a little disappointed in the quality of the lock ring. Only two of the three locking tabs fit because the locking ring was slightly smaller in diameter then the original. Also, the sock at the bottom of the pickup tube had little metal threads hanging loose on the sock which I had to clip off. But, in all fairness to JBG, they did offer to replace the parts, and I was very happy with previous purchases.

Ya that seems like a lot of cash, but this price is for a PAIR (2) moldings. The NOS ones go for $70 a piece. And think you can buy both of those from DC reproductions? - think again. Every time I called about the right molding (I think it was the right, could have been the left), I got the typical responce from DC, "I"m sorry, that part is out of stock, next item please" LOL. And i tried an import one for cheap money and believe me, the fit was terrible (it got sent back to Taiwan lol). Ya, NOS prices kinda s-ck, but if you can't get nice reproductions, what is a guy to do???

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Ya that seems like a lot of cash, but this price is for a PAIR (2) moldings. The NOS ones go for $70 a piece. And think you can buy both of those from DC reproductions? - think again. Every time I called about the right molding (I think it was the right, could have been the left), I got the typical responce from DC, "I"m sorry, that part is out of stock, next item please" LOL. And i tried an import one for cheap money and believe me, the fit was terrible (it got sent back to Taiwan lol). Ya, NOS prices kinda s-ck, but if you can't get nice reproductions, what is a guy to do???

Hmmmm......I wouldn't have thought that item would be in stock there. I really wish they wouldn't advertise as having an item and then not having it. So, I guess right there makes these prices go up. I ordered some from JBG and we'll see what they look like.

Hmmmm......I wouldn't have thought that item would be in stock there. I really wish they wouldn't advertise as having an item and then not having it. So, I guess right there makes these prices go up. I ordered some from JBG and we'll see what they look like.

I;m pretty sure that the trim from JBG is DC stuff.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Damn...sorry to hear about that Buck. Which raises the question from me...I was surfing the JBG site today, and it looked like almost all their trim pieces are going on close out sales. Any word of a new supplier possibly (ie the Taiwan stuff)...or were JBG and DC not seeing eye to eye?

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I'm guessing that what Johaner stated about DC being out of stock with the tail light trim pieces, JBG is just getting pieces from elsewhere so they can still sell the items. So, pertaining to JBG's tail light trim, they had the same exact part # tags that LMC has on their Taiwan items. I'm wondering what DC is doing. Why don't they have parts in stock but still advertise in their updates catalogs? Oh well, the pieces do look OK, so I'm going to use them regardless. But, if I come across some good used OEM stuff, I'll go that route.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts