Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

performance chip

hello i need some help i have a 94 f150 5.0 302 i have ur basic bolt ons such as throttle body spacer cold air intake under drive pulley kit but i wanna put a performance chip but dont know wich one or were to get one

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
dont put the chip... those are really expensive and you dont get to much bang for your buck..

install headers
and a free flowing exhuast
underdrive pulleys
bump the timing to 12-5 BTDC
get an I300 or big block intake style that sucks air from the grill those are the best cold air intakes
dont do throttle body spacer its paperweight.. doesnt do nothing for our engines

those will be enough for a good start:)

and if you really wanna get seruis get GT40 heads with a cam swap ;)

ohh and welcome

hhow about some pics of your ride and what have you already done to it?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
F 150Cobra said:
dont put the chip... those are really expensive and you dont get to much bang for your buck..
smiliewhathesaid I've got a Superchips 1100 module and it didn't give me night and day gains. The only reason I bought it was because I found one on craigslist that was already programmed for my computer for $50. If I were to have bought the module new and then had it programmed it would have cost upwards of $300-400. Not worth it. If you can find one for $50 already programmed like I did, then go for it YelloThumbUp

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I have to agree with what Jurgen and Chris have said but only to a point. If you first do mods that require more fuel timing curve and whatnot the chip will help all the mods you've done mesh together....You could get more bang for your buck but only if you've already got other mods done such as exhaust intake and whatnot. I'd like to see pics of your truck as well. Is the truck mass air or speed density?

its mass air i did a computer swap on it just recently to were i was able to get it dyno tuned and did cam swap put an e303 in it with gt40 ported and polished heads and took it to the track and ran a 12.8

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
12.5 !!!?!?!?! no way...

i got an 1989 F150 5.0 0.30 over (306)
edelbrock air gap intake
holley 650 Dp
and Gt40 heads
and a mild cam
and im only expecting to run 14 or mid 14's

no way your gonna run 12.8 with E303 cam and a ported and polish Gt40 heads in a TRUCK... if that engine was in a mustang i can believe!

how much HP did it dyno ?

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
it dynoed at 495 to the wheels

wat?? what more do you go in that engine?? pls do tell :)

becuase no way a stock engine will dyno that much with only heads and a cam

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts