Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

So, my dad is driving my dentside...

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
...because his 2006 F 150 broke down.

We think it's the fuel module, but he's been waiting all week for one to come in so he can get the truck back on the road. In the meantime, he asked to borrow the Jolly Green since it's not my daily driver for my 1/2 hour commute.

My point is. His "almost" new '06 with only 44xxx on the clock has let him down, so he's depending on the old '79 to get him around. Old steel rules! smilieFordlogo

Here's another case against all the electronic crap on the newer vehicles.

The best part is that he thinks the 06 is the best thing ever.

I won't soon let him forget this. I could not be happier to let him drive my truck for a few days!smilietease

(Stay tuned for the story on my truck breaking down once karma comes back to kick me in the a**)

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Fun story. There's something to be said for the simplicity of a machine and fewer electrical gremlins to make it stop running.

Ryan

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
When possible...I'll take damn near anything mechanical over electrical. Gotta say though...you're nicer than I am...I don't share my toys. I can count the number of times someone beside myself has driven one of my rigs on one hand.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
I have a very short list of people who are allowed to drive my truck, or my Harley. My dad is at the top of that list because...well...he's my dad.

I appreciate where you're coming from though...it's hard to let your valued possessions go into someone else's hands.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Fun story. There's something to be said for the simplicity of a machine and fewer electrical gremlins to make it stop running.

Ryan

That has always been my beleif. The simpler the better.

Case in point--->The update here is that the truck is now being towed to a Ford dealership. It seems when the fuel module shorted, it cleared the computer...or possibly fried it, which would not be good at all.

That said, I do think the old man's 06 is a good truck, and runs and works well for the most part. I just can't pass up the oppertunity to rib him about this.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That has always been my beleif. The simpler the better.

Case in point--->The update here is that the truck is now being towed to a Ford dealership. It seems when the fuel module shorted, it cleared the computer...or possibly fried it, which would not be good at all.

That said, I do think the old man's 06 is a good truck, and runs and works well for the most part. I just can't pass up the oppertunity to rib him about this.

The beauty of this is...when a new truck dies, you get to rib folks about the lack of reliability on new vehicles. When the old truck dies, you have a built in escape...it's XX number of years old...what more do you want from it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts