Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

well passed state inspection

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Well old 94 passed with flying colors . Have a rear wheel cyl I have to replace but all else was solid. Just a little over 30000 miles last year.

Now $8oo in touch up paint on cab and bed sides and good for another year .
(send 2 or 3 solid beds my way )

lars

What does inspection entail there? My truck passed smog 2 weeks ago. :)

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
yeah we have them and im on a mad dash to get mine finished before i have it inspected..(new rear leaf springs, front brake hoses and put the whole new rear end in) and it is supposed to be in june! haha. New Hampshire is actually the strictest state for Safety Inspections. only 1996 and newer need emissions inspections. sucks i dont work in a shop anymore....i could just slap a sticker on mine!!!! being that i have my State of New Hampshire Inspection License.

tboss619

tboss619
truck emissions

Jst let the new energy bill pass the senate to become law and we all will ahve to do the emmisions inspection and they are gonna be a lot more strick than they are now... I lived in Ga and my f100 wldnt pass after 3 tryes so it was either sell my truck or move to florida so I moved to fl.. My advice to all who have removed the emission equipment from your truck dont throw it away cause your gonna need it or park the truck... Believe me they dont have any mercy on you smiliegitrdone

Well old 94 passed with flying colors . Have a rear wheel cyl I have to replace but all else was solid. Just a little over 30000 miles last year.

Now $8oo in touch up paint on cab and bed sides and good for another year .
(send 2 or 3 solid beds my way )

lars

Larry, good to hear! 30K miles is a lot in one year, and i thought i drove a lot. my daily driver racks up 22-25 per year. my 94 supercab though of course has been delegated to home depot, junk yard and 4x4 winter runs so it gets only 2K miles a year which means i am emissions exempt. Do you have emissions tailpipe sniffer in your county?

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I feel bad for those who have to get them....

Well r state inspection is alook over .Brakes ,saftey ,overal condition.

with amount of wrecks and stuff I have seem running roads in non inspection states glad we got em . I don't buy from other states till i yank em apart and check out.I think all states should have at least a mechanical . Would save allot .

The emmisions is separate . But i'm 45 miles from having to get them. just visual during the state inspection.

Ford Truck Articles