Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

7 way wiring diagram

I got a color diagram with the 7 wirers on the harness. but I need the color codes for the wires under my ford f250 truck.

So far I got the Green hooked up to the Orange with blue stripe, yellow to the Light green Orange stripe. white grounded to the truck

I just need to know the color wire Black hooks up to and the Brown and red under my truck. I know it sounds simple but this has been driving my nuts and just need to get it done.

Thanks

what harness is this for?

Trailer ?

Brown is for running lights

Black should be GROUND

Last edited:
the harness is from a camper. I need to know the right wires to hook the harness up to on my truck. if black is ground than what in white?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Ive never seen black as ground in trailer wiring. Duncan has the correct info.

know that know what it's for.

black will be power to the battery

white will be ground

ok I know the colors of the 7 way harness wires. what I need to know is the right color wires on my truck that I conect the 7 way plug harness to.

I got a chart from e-trailer but they left out what wire I conect the black, Blue and red wires on the harness that goes to my truck. what are the colors of the wires on my truck?

Fellro

Staff member
It would help to know what year truck you have. Some are such that you practically plug and go, some require a bit more effort.

The black runs all the way up to either a battery isolator or the battery side lug of the starter relay.

My suggestion for original posts is to put as much info regarding the topic as possible. That way we don't have to wait until the 3rd of 4th reply until we know what we are dealing with.

Watch for a wiring diagram in the next post of mine.

Fellro

Staff member
Not that it affects the trailer wiring, but is it a 7.3 Powerstroke, or has it had a Cummins conversion done to it? Cummins doesn't have a 7.3...

Last edited:
wiring_96_f_series.jpg

Ford Truck Articles