Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

4x4 shackles

Hello everyone, Its me Again!!!!!

Just a quick question and I have been surfing around the net for awhile now trying to find the answer to this question, but to get to the point I want to lower the rear of my truck about an 1" or 2" at the most. (1977 Ford F150 4wd) My lift I installed has my truck raked pretty good. The stance has the rear about 2 inchs higher than the front and I want to level it, I can find the shackle drop kits which is what I'm leaning towards but the size seem to be for 2.5" width of spring.. Mine are 3" and I have found a couple that seem to be universal shackles that are 3" and want to know if they would work? is there a difference between a 2wd and a 4wd shackle other than the width? that you!!!!

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Shackles are pretty straight forward so I would think as long as the width is correct and the length fits you should be good.

I found some that say they are a 2" lift for Ford 3" springs on the 80-97 trucks. Would be worth it.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Shackles are pretty straight forward so I would think as long as the width is correct and the length fits you should be good.

I found some that say they are a 2" lift for Ford 3" springs on the 80-97 trucks. Would be worth it.
80-97 4x2 are 2 1/2"
4x4 are 3"
All diesel are 3"

Ford Truck Articles