Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

01 Exp 4R100 trans problems

Good morning! I've been a member for a couple of years but forgot what the name was. Thanks for the birthday wishes FTF! Which reminded me of the site.

My problem- loosing fluid from the trans and thought it was from the front seal. Pulled the trans and found the leaking looked liked it was coming from the pressure relief valve on top. Bought a new bypass tube and front seal. Haven't installed it yet, but was wondering if any of y'all have had this issue?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Good morning! I've been a member for a couple of years but forgot what the name was. Thanks for the birthday wishes FTF! Which reminded me of the site.

My problem- loosing fluid from the trans and thought it was from the front seal. Pulled the trans and found the leaking looked liked it was coming from the pressure relief valve on top. Bought a new bypass tube and front seal. Haven't installed it yet, but was wondering if any of y'all have had this issue?
overfull condition, or plugged filter.

Ford Truck Articles