Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Heater blow cold after repairs.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
On my 94, when I went to the 393 windsor, I had no idea how to make the efi work well with the larger displacement, higher compression and hotter cam so I went carb. One day I want to learn modern computer controls though.

393windsor2.jpg

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
one time i thought my ECM was going out so i priced a EFI to carb swap. Its in my plans. Right after a 347 stroker...alu heads a cam. Maybe a super charger.

ECM= engine control module (or management) or something. Basically the main computer.

ended up being a bad ground.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
The carb setup is nice, but if I knew how to make the EFI work well with my setup, I could probably have better economy, power and driveability.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
correct me if im wrong. But dont they make a carb. With baffles in it so you cant slosh the bowl, and for extreme angles.

most of the time, and efi system will self adjust. Thats what so nice about them, Theres none of this seasonal adjustments, or adjustments for performance mods, to compensate.

If it wont work then. There should be a shop around you that can hook your efi up to a laptop and tune it.

For god sakes you live in florida. Theres a bunch of tuners out that way..and ricers and they all get there crapped tuned on a Laptop or computer system.

I haft to travel to oklahoma city for that...about 150+ miles away.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
They do make carbs with baffles and ones that are designed to work at angles.

As smart as the efi system is, it couldn't self adjust to my setup. I probably could have had somebody set up something for me, but I wanted something I knew how to work with. My daily driver is stock with factory efi and controls and will stay that way. Toys are another story. :)

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
yea....i know. But using your DD as a toy...leads to it being parked for a long time.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
update. I still cant figure it out but while following the heat hoses i found somethign interesting.

It looks like a vacum operated switch witha n air that controls some kind of big valve.

Its on the passend side right up by the fender and firewall wedged in there. It has a small hard vacum line running from it to join with harness going into the cab. Its dry rotted and one side of the tiny hose fell off...i gotta replace it anyways.

could this be my problem.
I gotta go get a new computer and camera so ill snap pics when i can.

Help?

Anthony

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts