Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

For Sale - 1954 Harley Hummer

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
This bike is mostly parts and pieces. The engine is a 165 cc single cylinder 2 stroke. The piston is free. I would prefer to sell the bike as a whole so someone can restore. The only caveat is that I know nothing about motorcycles. I will post some pictures, and if somebody would like more pictures or close ups, I can provide those. The speedometer is intact and shows about 8500 miles. The actual mileage is unknown and there is no title for the motorcycle.

DSCF35271.JPG

DSCF3528.JPG

DSCF3529.JPG

DSCF35301.JPG

DSCF35311.JPG

DSCF35321.JPG

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^ have you listed on eprey? You'll get a global audience and most likely find that niche market.

Sent from my not-so-smart phone!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I have not. I wanted to have this "special audience" get a "special opportunity" to buy this "special bike". :D

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^ahhhh gotcha.....with the HUGE following of Harley people out there, you shouldn't have any problem getting decent market value for this stuff!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
^^^ahhhh gotcha.....with the HUGE following of Harley people out there, you shouldn't have any problem getting decent market value for this stuff!

I think you're right, Ken. I would really like to sell all of it to one owner, but we will see.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I think you're right, Ken. I would really like to sell all of it to one owner, but we will see.

If it's all part of the same bike, my guess is it'll be more valuable as a total lot sale than if it was parted out, so, I agree....sell it all together if you can.

When i saw the thread title i had a different image run through my mind related to an old joke about starting a harley ..... good luck with the sale doug , if freight weren't so expensive i'd buy it just to put in the 'shop for a project.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
More pictures.

Tool box(no tools)
DSCF3533.JPG

Speedo(no, not me in a running suit)
DSCF3534.JPG

Top of gas tank
DSCF3535.JPG

Gas cap
DSCF3536.JPG

Tail light front
DSCF3537.JPG

Tail light side
DSCF3538.JPG

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
An intact, working light just like this one, sold on ebay for $350. Just the housing with no glass went for $150.

There is definitely money to be made when parting out vintage parts. I am on eBay almost ever day to track down parts for my Tuxedo Park Mark IV cj5. The rear chrome license plate holder/light goes for at least $300 US, if you can find one. The rear Hall 701 chrome tail lights are even more! It seems to be a hot market lately for getting true OEM parts, and not the knock off's from over seas.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Roy, that's quite a find! I had no idea you had that. Where are you at in the restoration process?

Thank you Doug. The next big thing to find are the front and rear chrome bumpers. The not so funny thing is that the PO stripped all the Tuxedo Park parts off, ack!! The jeep was re-done (not a frame off restoration) so it is in good shape. I will posts some pic's in my gallery. Don't mean to high-jack your thread smiliehijacked

Ford Truck Articles