Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My first F150

So about two months ago i bought a 1978 Ford F150. It has a 351m 4 on the floor manual trans. First gear is a grany gear so i start out in second. It has two 18 gallon gas tanks. The exhaust has been rerouted to infront of the rear tires. It has very little rust. The AC still works and very cold. The old owner installed a pass thru window in the topper. The old owner died about four weeks before i bought the truck. All his brother told me was that he lived in new mexico and and loved mopars and used this truck to tow his race cars to and from the race track. He had gotton Leukemia and decided to move closer to family (here in florida). Then i guess five years later pastaway. His brother didnt know much about the truck but did know that he was a machanic and always made sure the truck ran great, which it does.

I found out about the truck from an older lady i work with. She told me it was her brother inlaws who had past away not long ago. She said it would be at leat 20 years old because it had an antique plate. She new nothing about the truck. So i told her id come look at. While we were walking up to it she said the interior was nasty and had alot of bad parts about it. The interior was realy good for being 31 years old. 95% of the truck works. So she went on to tell me that her husband was gone alot because of work and would be home that sunday afternoon and said that he would take less than $1000 for it. So i told her if she talks to her husband anytime inbetween now and sunday to tell him that i have $800. So he took the $800 and that sunday i went to pick it up.

All i had to fix was the power steering pump and tighten the linkage on the clutch. Theres a small oil leak but other than that theres nothing wrong with it.

Here are some pictures of the truck.

DSCF0041.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0036.jpg

DSCF0035.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0038.jpg

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p416/91kutlass/f150/DSCF0042.jpg

I love this picture. I think it looks mean at night.

DSCF0050.jpg

c&c welcome.
-kris

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Nice truck!!! I'd recover the seat and keep it exactly like it is. Welcome to FTF.

Welcome to the site Comet !

It appears you and I have similar taste in what these street trucks should look like.Looks good.

Here's mine when it was about 4 y/o.
I bought it brand new from the dealer.

TruckatBownessPark7.jpg

blacksnapon

Staff member
Welcome to the site Comet !

It appears you and I have similar taste in what these street trucks should look like.Looks good.

Here's mine when it was about 4 y/o.
I bought it brand new from the dealer.

TruckatBownessPark7.jpg
OH NO! Another one taken to the dark side by Dennis!smilietease 'hah'

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Welcome aboard man...and that truck was a steal at $800.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Welcome....and great looking truck!

Thanks everyone for the welcoming and the great comments. Im happy to be hear and cant wait to get started on my new truck.
-kris

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Welcome to the site! The truck looks great. Reminds me of what I bought late last year. Although yours is in a little better shape.

IMG_1683.jpg

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
good lookin truck bro... i cant believe you got that for what you payed.....but you should lose the bug shield and camper shell

Very Nice! Dennis, I know where you can get a hinge for your topper......... :rolleyes:

Thanks, I thought you had seen it before.

What I really need is a pwr brake pedal with MA stamped on it :)

I thought I was going to get one from another truck on the other site but he never sent it.

Ford Truck Articles