Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I miss my old

Ford Pickup and cars parts yard.
Apparently there is more Imports than domestic in there now.

Yours is bigger then ours
pnp.gif

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
And you've been in Calgary for how long??

http://www.flapp.ca/

Gimme a break Dennis, for an knowlegeable old boy such as yourself, why would you even bother with them?...that place has been a chit show since day one.

What about all the places down 52nd?..Heavy Metal in Trochu?.

Man,my junkyards look like trailer trash front yards compared to ya'lls.

Same here.
First thing I saw was how organized the place looks.
The one I go to he'll tell me "I got one over there, two over on the other side, and maybe one over by the big trailer toward the back.

Why would I bother with Pick Your part?

why did you post the link to FLAP ?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Why would I bother with Pick Your part?

why did you post the link to FLAP ?

Ermm..you posted the Pick Your Part...so I assumed you use their service...and I posted the Forest Lawn Auto Parts because their home page has an aerial view similar to what you posted.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Well I better explain myself.

The main reason for this thread was that I miss going to the Junkyard to look and hopefully find something I can use or pass on to someone.

Pick your part was the main yard for me to go to because I could sit in the lobby have a hot dog and drink ,use the bathroom ,then go back into the yard.The photo of the hard was to show how organized they are.

I just miss the experience because these days I spend so much time at home and most of the yards around me are DIY 'hands off' yards and of course they want a premium dollar for things.

Buck's Auto part in Calgary isn't as impressive as PYP in Calgary and my Friend with junkyard near Edmonton has also turned into a greedy operation.

It was the freedom, the fresh air that I experienced at PYP that I miss, and of course the low prices ,which I found out are gone because of new ownership.

Never been to heavy metal in Trochu so I suppose next summer I may go by there.

Seems every time I'd go into the pnp here.. I'd ask how much $ for something before I pulled it. Then when it came time to pay it magically increased in price. Happened 4 times.
Next time I'm going to get it in writing.

Ermm..you posted the Pick Your Part...so I assumed you use their service...and I posted the Forest Lawn Auto Parts because their home page has an aerial view similar to what you posted.

"Google Earth" is where I got the areal view. Its a free down load.
I can give you my address and the satellite will zoom in on my house

HI guys, since you all have way more junk yards in your parts of the country, could you be on the lookout for a Ford CB antenna for a 1978-79 Ford truck or bronco?? I am wanting one badly....if you don't know what they look like, Ranger429 has one on his bronco (look in this gallery / profile for the pic). It looks like a regular antenna, except the bottom 3-4" is a larger diameter black material (plastic??) and then the metal antenna is on top of the black portion.
If anybody finds such a thing, please let me know and we'll work something out. I'm willing to pay a little "extra" for a "finders fee" lol. Thanks!!

Check junk yards for 78-79 Mercury Marquis'

They had more of the CB radios than Trucks did... BON

CBRadioTruckVersion.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts