Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ken ! Ice cream ?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

$25k!!!!!! Is she on drugs? Don't you think that's a tad bit high?

This does look like a great business opportunity though.....you could really do some damage on weekends in some high summer public places and not have to work during the week!!!!

Also, I wonder how they power the freezers and such? Generators?

Love it.....I think I'd rock this thing in a second if it were $15k (could recover my money in less than a year!) and run the business in my early retirement years.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
This is a sweet deal though Mark.....I'd be all over that if she dropped the price a little....a great side business idea!!!!

A couple weeks ago I was at the gas station and got to talking to an old man filling up his icecream truck. I hadn't seen a true icecream in a while, so I asked him what his schedule was like. He said mainly Friday-Sunday and sometimes he'd hit an area with big events going on, and actual serving hours vary. He also said he only works late spring to early fall...so 4-5 months. He says locations he likes hitting are sports complexes during tournament weekends, he likes setting up at the lake(s) parking lots from noon until 8ishpm. So to me it sounded like he works 20-30 hours a week for 4-5 months. Then I told him I didn't want to pry, but was curious what kind of living he could make. He said that after all the up front costs to be legit (fees, taxes, licenses, permits, etc...)he pockets 25k a truck...and he has 3 trucks.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I can truly see the profit potential for a part time gig like this.....only problem is timing. I work too many hours as it is with my practice! Man I want to do this! I might offer her 10k less and store it, but she will surely call me names!!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts