Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

F250 dies

Hey all, Mark here. I'm a 30+ year ASE Master Tech. retired. I have the new Snappy Verus Pro I just purchased to help me with my blankin problem. My backround is almost 100% Euro. I own Saabs and VW's. I also own one 2002 F250 5.4 auto A/C 4x4 108,00miles. cause the Euro's can't seem to build a REAL truck. Bought new by me and no one touches it but me. Here's my prob. Fuel pressure drops to zero very occasionally. Used to do it @ once a month or so and restart was instant. Then you could go for a really long time before the event would occur again. Always at idle and usually while turning into a drive or parking. Never was lucky enough to be scanning during event. Tried many times. Well today was different. Today is the hottest day of the summer for us in MN. @95 degrees. Here's the stats during failure. Fuel Status=CL, I assume that's for closed loop? Fuel pump fault, no. Fuel vllnpv 5 volts. What does the vllnp stand for? I know it's a voltage reading but I'm curious what the acronym stands for? Fuel vllnp %=100. Fuel tank PRSv drops to 0, naturallly? And here's the kicker, fuel pump monitor goes to 0. Ok, I understand, and correct me I'm wrong please, That this a 5 volt reference signal being sent back to the ECU from the in tank pump assembly? I have gotten the low secondary fuel pump circuit voltage code in the past. So, here it is, seat of the pants and 30 years experience tells me fuel pump control and not the pump itself? Inertia switch has been tested. good. This model does not have the FP relay near the left fender/firewall. I pulled them alll and it still ran. The research I have done is conflicting, but there are posts about the FP control is a circuit board that is part of the fuse panel assbly. and you have to replace the whole thing and it's not cheap. Please help. I do not want to drop the tank/slash bomb if I don't have to.
Regards,
Mark

blacksnapon

Staff member
Hey all, Mark here. I'm a 30+ year ASE Master Tech. retired. I have the new Snappy Verus Pro I just purchased to help me with my blankin problem. My backround is almost 100% Euro. I own Saabs and VW's. I also own one 2002 F250 5.4 auto A/C 4x4 108,00miles. cause the Euro's can't seem to build a REAL truck. Bought new by me and no one touches it but me. Here's my prob. Fuel pressure drops to zero very occasionally. Used to do it @ once a month or so and restart was instant. Then you could go for a really long time before the event would occur again. Always at idle and usually while turning into a drive or parking. Never was lucky enough to be scanning during event. Tried many times. Well today was different. Today is the hottest day of the summer for us in MN. @95 degrees. Here's the stats during failure. Fuel Status=CL, I assume that's for closed loop? Fuel pump fault, no. Fuel vllnpv 5 volts. What does the vllnp stand for? I know it's a voltage reading but I'm curious what the acronym stands for? Fuel vllnp %=100. Fuel tank PRSv drops to 0, naturallly? And here's the kicker, fuel pump monitor goes to 0. Ok, I understand, and correct me I'm wrong please, That this a 5 volt reference signal being sent back to the ECU from the in tank pump assembly? I have gotten the low secondary fuel pump circuit voltage code in the past. So, here it is, seat of the pants and 30 years experience tells me fuel pump control and not the pump itself? Inertia switch has been tested. good. This model does not have the FP relay near the left fender/firewall. I pulled them alll and it still ran. The research I have done is conflicting, but there are posts about the FP control is a circuit board that is part of the fuse panel assbly. and you have to replace the whole thing and it's not cheap. Please help. I do not want to drop the tank/slash bomb if I don't have to.
Regards,
Mark
Usually, when you have information losses and losses seemingly not connected (fuel pressure) coupled with probably no codes, you're losing grounds or power to the pcm. The pcm just supplies ground to components. If either of these are interrupted, you'll have results such as those you're experiencing.

Voltage dropped grounds, show good. Any other ideas? Ambient heat seems to be provoking the situation. Thanks for the RE:
Regards.
Mark

blacksnapon

Staff member
I'd be wiggling wires while watching data. I'm still stuck on grounds and voltage. If the PCM loses grounds and/or voltage it goes to "sleep" and won't show a problem.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts