Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Outside Mirrors

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I would like to get rid of my mirrors and put a pair on from a 94-96 F150. I know they mount different. Has any one put these mirrors on before?

1994-Ford-F150-For-Sale-1994-20120312102611.jpg

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Sure! Are the mirrors fine, no cracks? They would have to be packed well to prevent damage in shipping.

No cracks at all I will get better pictures tomorrow when I push my truck out into the drive way.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Glad to do it. I like sharing parts. But I will be a little while buying mirrors.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Maybe if you got the whole doors from a wrecker would be easier? No holes to fill on your doors too then

I thought about that, but there is a slight body line that won't match up.

80-96 is the same basic body with minor changes to the lower body lines,hoods,bumpers and tailgate but it all interchanges with minor modifications or no mods at all.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Oh, I didnt know that, thought they were the same except front guards and grille! Back to your plan then.....

I have to say the 94-96 F150 have the nicer front end,but I have always been more partial to the 80-86.

Fellro

Staff member
There is actually 3 style doors. 80-86 were mostly the same, with some minor changes on the 80-82. 87-91 has a different door, although appearance wise looks very similar, but the direct linkage to the door latch was replaced with a cable, The triangle window was larger, making the main window smaller. The door panels are slightly different too, where the panel meets the dash is intended to look continuous. The 92-97 doors I am thinking also changed the triangle window again, changing the main glass again. They will bolt, and I believe the body lines are the same, it is the inner parts of the door and the window glass that changed.

There is actually 3 style doors. 80-86 were mostly the same, with some minor changes on the 80-82. 87-91 has a different door, although appearance wise looks very similar, but the direct linkage to the door latch was replaced with a cable, The triangle window was larger, making the main window smaller. The door panels are slightly different too, where the panel meets the dash is intended to look continuous. The 92-97 doors I am thinking also changed the triangle window again, changing the main glass again. They will bolt, and I believe the body lines are the same, it is the inner parts of the door and the window glass that changed.
i didnt know any of that, i thought all 82-97 doors were all the same except interior door trims

primetime

sawmill slave
80-91 are all linkage style latches. My 87 F-150, 91 F-150, and 91 Bronco all had linkage. The 87 and 91 F-150 both had factory doors. 92 up did have cables for the door latch.

Roger nailed the vent windows. 80-86 had a smaller divider bar which made the main window larger, while 87-91 had the same shape wing with a fatter divider which made the main window smaller.

Sometime during the 87-91 run Ford went from multiple piece window channels to one piece.

92-97 vent windows are shaped differently to clear the door panel. 80-91 vent windows will not open if 92-97 door panels are installed.

I was always under the impression that the differences in 80-94 doors were mostly related to the fresh air vent in the lower corner of the door and mirror mounts. I thought 95-96 where the only ones different because of the crease about an inch or so up from the bottom of the door.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts