Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2inch lift and train horn...

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I thought about a train horn but cant bring myself to spend the money.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Train horn so long as it is an actual train horn. Trumpets suck!

Raging Buck

New Jersey Chapter member

I love them only because this sick *** truck that I could walk under had two on it and the things so just sick. I fell in love with it. Plus my truck isn't that big but it's big and people still insist on pulling out infront of me.

Yea they are rather bling tastic, but if your gunna go all out. Might as well do tug boat horns..... ;)

Lol. I don't want too much of a fine on my hands if I get caught. lol.

Train horn so long as it is an actual train horn. Trumpets suck!

I don't know what exactly i'm looking for but I just wanna sound like the sick truck I have been acquainted with.

I'm all for the train horn... skip any lift under 4".

Well I'm saying 2inch because it already have a 4inch body lift. But I'm in love with the thought of a train horn. Plus I'm horn happy because for two yrs my mustang didn't have a horn just a loud *** exhaust. :rolling laugh:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Same here...but I found an electric one for about 60bones I thought I'd give a shot...somewhere in the 120db range.

I don't know what exactly i'm looking for but I just wanna sound like the sick truck I have been acquainted with.:

Chances are the kind of system you're wanting to replicate, will be several hundred dollars once you get the horns and compressor.

Well I'm saying 2inch because it already have a 4inch body lift. But I'm in love with the thought of a train horn. Plus I'm horn happy because for two yrs my mustang didn't have a horn just a loud *** exhaust. :rolling laugh:

Ditch the 4" body (which is illegal in most if not all states, 3" is the max in most) and pick up a 6" system. I understand budgets, but I'm just not a big fan of body lifts.

Raging Buck

Same here...but I found an electric one for about 60bones I thought I'd give a shot...somewhere in the 120db range.

Chances are the kind of system you're wanting to replicate, will be several hundred dollars once you get the horns and compressor.

Ditch the 4" body (which is illegal in most if not all states, 3" is the max in most) and pick up a 6" system. I understand budgets, but I'm just not a big fan of body lifts.

Alright. Money won't be an option once a job is in hand. I'm a Bartender. Money wasn't an option when I had the stang won't be having the Bronco.

And I didn't know that, never heard of it but I didn't do the body lift either the people who owned it before me did.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^It's not really enforced all that often, and I doubt very many officers could pick out a 4" BL very effectively...but it does seem to be one of those violations that gets tacked on if you're being an a-hole, or entering a roadway from a nice afternoon of playing in the mud.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Where did you get the horn Ben? $60 I can possibly part with for a horn $500 or so I can't :eek:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Thanks Ben I will check it out. I had small air horns in my old truck of the pepboys variety. They were ok. I will look into the type you got. I would like train horns but can't get the money to leave my wallet :rofl2:

Raging Buck

^^^It's not really enforced all that often, and I doubt very many officers could pick out a 4" BL very effectively...but it does seem to be one of those violations that gets tacked on if you're being an a-hole, or entering a roadway from a nice afternoon of playing in the mud.

Good thing I have tits. :rolling laugh: jk jk
I haven't tested the water with cops yet. But I'm waiting to see what I can get away with in my big boy, Raging Buck.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
LOL that's funny

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
:rolling laugh:

Raging Buck

But I don't think I will have to worry about cops, the few cops I passed yesterday in him they didn't even look up! I was like ... really he's invisible!? HOW!? I even had a guy pull out infront of me and toot along and then take 3 mins turning while I'm riding up on his ***. like .... when I was in the mustang and saw a massive truck riding up on me. I would be like, "OMG DON"T EAT ME!" and either speed up or got outta his way lol.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I even had a guy pull out infront of me and toot along and then take 3 mins turning while I'm riding up on his ***.

Typical NJ woman driver in a truck :rofl2: smilietease

Ford Truck Articles