Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

No start...

Michigan
Seams to be that my truck had more fun partyin this weekend then i did. I got up to go to work in the morning, but the bronco wouldnt.. dang thing..

Michigan
Fuel pump (errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

Key (Click.. Click... Click....)

Me (MOM IM TAKIN YOUR CAR TO WORK)

Had to charge the battery, lookin like its time for a replacment duracrap from autozone or shell out the big bucks for a yellow top.. Ugh,

Michigan
Yea and it started fine for the rest of the day, but im willing to bet tomorrow morning it wont start again....

Michigan
Really? Charges just fine, battery just drained

Just to rule out the obvious stuff... You didn't leave any accessories on? (namely-- lights?)
father in law has a problem in is 250 with his glove box light not shutting off. with as much as you drive it, i don't see why that would cause a problem. his sits for weeks at a time, so a glove box light could kill it

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yea if it runs once jumped and doesnt die when ur driving then its ur battery. Doesnt hurt to get ur alt cked out at autozone. We got a nifty tester at work that does a diod test, and cks charging at idle and with rpm, loads on and off, its coo.

79broncoguy

Pacific Northwest Chapter member
Is it starting with a charges battery?? If not the starter could be bad or a relay could be blown or a fuse..send me a private message with some info and i can get some scamadics.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Michigan
It was the battery. Hasnt done it since that cold night. Thanks guys for your suggestions..

Dad had a chevy and we let it sit for a long time and it had a quarts clock in it and it never shut off and it killed the battery.

We got that problem in a 78 Datsun Z my dad and I are restoring, damn clock means we have to get a new battery like every three years. My moms old 78 911 does that too... stupid clocks... :p

Ford Truck Articles