Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Some things

Michigan
Hey all.

Kinda looking to hopefully be getting some money to spend. Well i was looking at another forum and found a bronco, lifted, but it had this style bumper on it and i fell in love! Now how do you think this would look on my truck as is? Along with two matching pro comp stainless spot lights.

Im also looking to do a mild 2 and a half inch lift on it soon. I would go 4 but i think that would look rediculious with 31's, and i dont want to get new tires, nore loose mileage by bumping up in tires size (this is my DD) and with the 2 and a half i could put 33's on it later down the road and i think it would still look good. But for right now i wanna get some new suspension components on the front, try to soften the ride, and get a little more wheel well clearance.

Heres what i got goin on.

The most current pic.

100_4292.jpg

And i want to purchase these

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...908331+4294924755+4294908312+115&autoview=sku

and these

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...9160&N=700+400145+4294922591+115&autoview=sku

How would you guys think that would look on my truck as it sits? I do alot of backroad driving, and at night, so i want to get some spot lights on there so i can see better.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Kid has something similiar on his Ranger- light bar above the cab protector and running lights up front. He could light up a field as a runway if need be.

As far as a lift softening the ride- think again.

i think it'd look cool - i've always liked those pre-runner style bars. even better if you actually go to the dunes

Michigan
Well i say soften the ride because my 4 inch on my 79 made it a bit softer. But i guess not on these trucks.

I also had off road lights on my 79 bronco at some point in time and even tho it was some cheap lights it still lit up the area pretty good.

Chris i dont have the stuff yet so i cant take a picture lol

And when i do go to the dunes i dont think im able to have the lights on. Well i know i cant because they close off the dunes when theres still a little bit of light left.

Il be at the dunes through the 4th of july weekend and il get some more pics lol

Michigan
Also with that bar it says black powdercoated. Well i know better and that crap rust in no time.

Should i sandblast the bar, primer and herculine it? I would want the textured look anyways.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hey genius...
Mike said:
Well i was looking at another forum and found a bronco, lifted, but it had this style bumper on it and i fell in love!
Me said:
Where's the pics of the truck with this stuff on it?
Mike said:
Chris i dont have the stuff yet so i cant take a picture lol

:rofl2:

Michigan
O idk im trying to find it.. I have the pic on my laptop but thats not around.

Michigan
I think im gonna get it. The more i look at it the more i like it and think it will look good on my truck. I just gotta get a flag mount on there somehow, i can make one that would go onto a tow hook but have it mounted onto the tubing, Or just weld one in and herculine.

Check it out. I like it

prerun_f150_002.jpg

prerun_f150_003.jpg

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah that looks pretty sweet. I don't really have a use for it though, and it would get in the way when trying to work in the engine bay. I like the way it LOOKS though :)

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
...try to soften the ride...

Its a truck, if you want comfy get a Lincoln...smilietease

As far as the light bar goes, I've always liked them for their practicality, whether it be mounting extra lights or mild grill protection. They also add a bit of beef to the look...

I want to ride in another F-150 of this vintage to see if my truck is the unusual one out of a group, its worse than a lumber wagon...

Like this Mike
bronco.jpg

Although, I think this one looks better
bronco-1.jpg

Last edited:
Michigan
I wasnt complaining about the ride at all im use to it, that full off road package makes it ride worse than my dads superduty, but its all good. Yea those bumpers dont do anything to protect, i just want it for looks and something i can mount some off road lights to it.

Im sure that i can stand on the bar if i ever need to get into the engine compartment, my bumper is all scratched up on the top from me hoppin in and out of the engine compartment anyways..

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Its a truck, if you want comfy get a Lincoln...smilietease

As far as the light bar goes, I've always liked them for their practicality, whether it be mounting extra lights or mild grill protection. They also add a bit of beef to the look...

I want to ride in another F-150 of this vintage to see if my truck is the unusual one out of a group, its worse than a lumber wagon...
Mine wasn't brutally rough, but you'd never mistake it for a car either. It was bone stock though- F150 with the handling package (quad front shocks).

Michigan
Wow those trucks are soooo awesome!

My next one is going to be a 92-96 like mine, but one that i dont worry as much bout scratchs and stuff. Gears, Lockers, and some paint can paint so if i get a deep scratch i can just paint over it.

Michigan
Same here i got the quads.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Im sure that i can stand on the bar if i ever need to get into the engine compartment, my bumper is all scratched up on the top from me hoppin in and out of the engine compartment anyways..

Never thought of it like that, it would help as I've banged my shins on the front bumper many of times...

Mine wasn't brutally rough, but you'd never mistake it for a car either. It was bone stock though- F150 with the handling package (quad front shocks).

Mine gets wild some times, I don't know if its because of the 32's or the fact that the sway bars were long gone before I ever got the truck, all I know is some pot holes can get me driving in every lane available and some that aren't...

My next one is going to be a 92-96 like mine, but one that i dont worry as much bout scratchs and stuff. Gears, Lockers, and some paint can paint so if i get a deep scratch i can just paint over it.

Thats my plan with my '93, with fuel prices rising my truck isn't going to be leaving soon, and if it does it'll probably be for a low ball price that I'm not willing to take, just going to take it, lift it 4", lock the rear axle, LSD the front, put some 33x14.00 boggers on bead locks, and use it on the trails, hunting, fishing, camping....

Michigan
X100 on the camping and hunting truck. Snorkle and all, if theres a river in my way il cross it.

My black one will be lifted after college but i want that one to be a show and go truck. Special events and whatnot. Even use it to pull the hunting and camping bronco, now that would be kool.

Ford Truck Articles