Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

4R55E trans

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
eh.... im one of those that say, unless you've done it before, or know someone that has that can help you, i'd say its better left to the pros..

but its an option if you feel confident...

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
what he said ^ a transmission is very complicated and you need some special tools.. the guy i work with has them and rebuilds trans 4R70W/ E40D's the one in explorer and rangers.. dont know their name on the top of my head.. and they are complicated.. i myself is trying to learn

i see thanks guys ill stay out of that to buy one from the salvage yards like 650 to 1200 and to get mine redones bout 1800 to 2000 an i dont want to mess it up more than iit is i meant ive done motor rebuilds and done my own wiirein harnesses but i thank a trans is out of my leage lol

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Transmission shops are a pain in the ***. They charge high prices because nobody else will touch transmissions. The parts don't even cost that much, what they charge you is labor. Don't get me started on trans shop ignorance when it comes to Ranger transmissions.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts